The Sennheiser EW 500 BOOM G4 is a camera-mount wireless plug-on microphone system that brings advanced features to the EW Series, expanding this industry-standard system into a fully professional, yet cost-effective solution that filmmakers, videographers, and journalists can rely on—even in challenging shooting environments like big cities.
The rugged EW 500 BOOM G4 combines a wide 50 MHz bandwidth with 2000 frequencies and an RF output level up to 50 mW for a clean transmission and broadcast-quality sound. Depending on your location, you can operate up to 32 mics in one space.The plug-on transmitter attaches to a handheld microphone of your choice for man-on-the-street interviews or to a shotgun mic for wireless booming (both types of mics are available separately). It also provides 48V phantom power, giving you the option to use a condenser microphone.
The camera-mount receiver connects to a camcorder, a DSLR/mirrorless, or a cinema camera to capture crisp-sounding speech or dialog for projects ranging from films and documentaries to wedding videos, corporate spots, and mobile journalism.
The EW 500 BOOM G4 is backward-compatible with previous evolution systems, including EW 100 models, giving you the ability to mix and match G4/G3/G2/G1 receivers or bodypack, handheld, and plug-on transmitters.
- The EW 500 BOOM G4 features rugged, all-metal chassis well suited for extended use on location.
- The lightweight plug-on transmitter attaches to any dynamic or condenser microphone equipped with an XLR connector. A locking ring ensures that your mic doesn’t detach at a critical moment, while a convenient switch allows you to mute your mic.
- Using the included shoemount adapter, the compact receiver easily mounts on your camera without adding much weight. The included CL 500 cable provides a balanced connection from the receiver to the XLR audio input of your camcorder, cinema camera, or recording device. The CL 1 cable is for DSLR/mirrorless cameras and devices with 3.5mm inputs. A headphone output lets you monitor the quality of your sound while recording.
- Both transmitter and receiver feature daylight-readable LED displays showing reception quality, battery status, and audio level.
- The frequency scan function automatically searches for the cleanest frequency at your location.To get you going quickly, the transmitter and receiver synchronize via infrared interface with the simple push of a button.
- 10/30/50 mW switchable RF output helps overcome interference or save battery life.
- The adjustable input sensitivity on the transmitter accommodates mic levels ranging from booming voices to quiet speech, and even line-level audio.
- The receiver has an adjustable output range of 42 dB to match the audio input of your camera or recording device.
- To take full advantage of your microphone’s dynamic range, the system employs proprietary HDX compander technology, preserving your sound without adding unwanted noise during transmission—delivering audio with remarkable accuracy and quality.
- Adaptive-diversity reception for reliable transmission up to 330'
- 20 frequency banks, each with up to 32 factory-preset channels to prevent intermodulation
- Pilot tone squelch for eliminating RF noise when transmitter is turned off
- User-friendly menu operation with flexible control options
- Transmitter and receiver feature 4-step battery-life indicator
- Auto-Lock function avoids accidental changing of settings
- RF Mute function
- 8 hours of battery life
- Powered via AA batteries or rechargeable BA 2015 Accupack battery (available separately)
- Side contacts on the receiver for recharging the Accupack without removing it from either transmitter or receiver—requires the L 2015 quick-charging unit (available separately)
- Unlike digital wireless systems, the SKP 500 G4 transmitter can transmit to an unlimited number of EW series receivers
- Wide range of accessories adapts the system to a variety of applications
- Bandwidth: Up to 46 MHz vs up to 88 MHz
- UHF Frequencies: 1680 vs up to 3520
- RF Output Power: Fixed 30 mW vs adjustable 10/30/50 mW
- Mics at Once: Up to 12 mics vs up to 32 mics
- Included Lavalier Mic: ME 2-II omni or ME 4 cardioid vs professional MKE 2 omni
- Headphone Output: No vs yes
- Audio Output: Unbalanced vs balanced
- Plug-on Transmitter: No phantom vs +48V phantom power