Steadicam continues to innovate. What's special about the Steadicam AIR 25 Monopod is that to adjust its height you simply step on a foot pedal located on the bottom. This gives the flexibility to adjust on the spot whenever you recognize an opportunity to capture a lower or higher angle or even continuously adjust back-and-forth between the two. This is great for when capturing something like a dance performance, wildlife, sporting events or other fast-paced motion. When you push the pedal, it simultaneously holds the monopod secure on the ground while allowing you to adjust the height.
Because of their compact size and ability to be moved in all directions — including pushing in — while providing genuine stability, monopods are considered very useful camera supports in run-and-gun productions, including weddings, fashion shows, and other events. What the Steadicam AIR 25 does with the push pedal is to add an element that allows you to take advantage of nearly all opportunities that present themselves.
Made of carbon fiber, the Steadicam AIR 25 is very lightweight, at just 3.5 lb, adding even more to its versatility. And it offers a high weight capacity of 25 lb — so you can mount full-size, fully-loaded cine cameras as well as super long lenses.
- Instant, push-pedal, telescoping height-adjustment
- Non-slip, rubberized pedal
- High 25 lb weight capacity
- 28" collapsed height
- 62.5" fully extended height
- Reversible 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting screw (top plate comes off, screw reverses, and top plate secures back on)
- Gas-lift and spring activated foot pedal
- 3 sections, including one twist leg lock to allow for 360-degree rotation
- Lightweight at 3.5 lb with carbon fiber construction