Designed and built for glassing at sporting events and concerts as well as sightseeing around town, the Steiner Optics 8x25 Military/Marine Binoculars combines multiple technologies and features to ensure clear and crisp views without weighing you down.
This optic owes its performance to a traditional Porro prism light path that presents you with a rich depth of field, which allows you to discern the relative distance between objects in your field of view, and fully multi-coated optics that are defined by bright and clear high-contrast views and accurate color rendition. To keep the optical components precisely aligned, Steiner employs their floating prism system, which uses a flexible silicone mount that absorbs shocks and impacts without shifting the optical alignment—ensuring crisp and sharp images for the life of the binocular.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that allow the binocular to withstand the rigors of the outdoors. These details begin with Steiner's proprietary Sports-Auto-Focus System, which allows you to focus each eyepiece, just one time, and eliminates the need to refocus again regardless of how near or far the subject is—even if it is moving. The chassis is made of a lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate material wrapped in an oil, petroleum, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor that offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather. The optical tubes feature raised ridges to improve grip security, while the interior of the tubes is O-ring sealed to be waterproof against rain, snow, or spraying water.
Weighing less than 11 ounces and measuring under 6" long, the Steiner Military/Marine binocular has been engineered to provide outstanding performance while allowing you to move freely and quickly through thick woods and brush or busy city streets and avenues.
- 8x magnification enables observations of subjects without sacrificing field of view
- 25mm objectives keep the form factor small without the bulk or weight of larger objectives
- Traditional Porro prism optical path affords a richer depth of field versus similar roof prisms
- High-contrast fully multi-coated optics improve light transmission for bright and clear images with enhanced contrast and accurate color rendition
- Floating prism mounting system helps to absorb impacts to avoid damage and maintain optical path alignment
- 360-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Sports-Auto-Focus System
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- 13.5mm eye relief
- 3.1mm exit pupil
- Individual eyepiece focusing
- Requires only one initial individual focus adjustment per user
- Eliminates the need for refocusing for targets at ranges from 22 yards (20m) to infinity
- Enables the tracking of fast targets without the need to refocus
- Lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate chassis remains a comfortable temperature regardless of air temperature and resists expansion/contraction common in metal chassis that can cause the optics to move out of alignment over time
- O-ring sealed to be waterproof for use in light rain or snow
- Oil, petroleum, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather
- Compact form factor for easier packing and handling
- Lightweight: 10.5 ounces