An ideal fit for solo musicians and podcasters, as well as a terrific entry point into the world of audio for video and sound design, the gray Zoom H1n portable recorder features an onboard stereo microphone that lets you easily record two tracks of high-resolution audio in the palm of your hand. Songwriters will appreciate unlimited overdubbing for building songs layer by layer, while filmmakers and podcast producers will enjoy the H1n's ability to capture clean, distortion-free speech.
Like other H-Series Handy recorders such as the H5 and H6, you can hold it in your hand, attach it to a mic stand or tripod, or mount it to a camera (shoe mount available separately). Springing from the foundation of the original H1, the H1n packs an array of workflow and performance upgrades into a rugged body that's more than ready to meet the varied demands of videographers, musical artists, podcasters, and more. From its plentiful battery life to its multiple audio-enhancing functions, the H1n is well equipped for tracking live performances, rehearsals, and demos, or for recording sound effects, interviews, and ambience. It can supply plug-in power for a condenser lavalier mic, or accept a direct line-level connection from a mixer or wireless receiver. No matter the source, selectable auto-recording and pre-recording ensure that you'll never miss the start of a take.
- Operability is simplified via one-touch buttons, a dedicated gain dial, and an improved display.
- A built-in limiter protects against distortion caused by overloads.
- Auto-record, pre-record, and self-timer functions enhance your workflow and prevent cutting off the start of recordings.
- Unlimited overdubbing allows layering new performances on an existing recording.
- Playback speed is adjustable for transcribing, studying, and learning pieces of music or quickly scanning through long takes.
- An integrated tone generator makes it easy to calibrate your H1n and camera audio levels.
- Two AAA batteries (alkaline, NiMH, or lithium) can power the H1n, whereas the H1 utilized one alkaline or NiMH AA battery.
- Additional protection around the microphones inhibits extraneous noises caused by physical contact with the capsules.
For added safety, the power switch offers a hold position that disables all front-panel buttons to prevent accidental operation during recording. Day or night, view vital information such as audio levels, recording time, battery status, and more on the 1.25" monochrome backlit LCD.
Alternatively, use the H1n as a 2-in/2-out USB 2.0 audio interface at up to 16-bit / 48 kHz. The USB port also enables the H1n to be used as a card reader for fast file transfers.