Outfitted with a magnification and objective lens size favored by birders, hunters, and outdoor enthusiasts for long-range observations, the Carson Optical 10x42 JR Close-Up Binoculars, in Green, will quickly become an essential piece of your kit.
Their 10x power brings subjects in close while the objectives boost light-gathering ability for use from the predawn hours, through the day, and deep into dusk. Complementing these features are compact BAK4 roof prisms and anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics, which maximize light transmission and produce high-contrast images with accurate color rendition and improved clarity. Helping to offset the distracting visible hand shake that is often associated with holding high-power optics such as these, Carson engineered the JR Close-Up binoculars with an apparent angle of view that approaches wide angle.
To withstand the rigors of the trail, Carson nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed the optical tubes to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging in extreme temperature and weather conditions. The chassis is wrapped in a protective rubber armor that is textured to provide a slip-resistant grip in cold and wet weather. For long-duration glassing sessions at the range, in a blind, or on a patio, the JR Close-Up binoculars can be tripod mounted with an optional adapter to provide easy hands-free use with greatly reduced vibrations and no arm fatigue. Ideal for hiking and boating, Carson includes tethered objective lens covers and an ocular rainguard to protect exposed lens surfaces and to keep them close at hand without the risk of losing them.
- Powerful 10x magnification brings distant subjects in for detailed observations
- Larger 42mm objective lenses boost light-gathering ability for enhanced low-light performance such as at dawn and dusk or when peering into dense brush
- Compact roof prism optical path ensures a slim form factor for easier handling without sacrificing performance
- BAK4 prism glass produces a round exit pupil, with crisp and sharp images free from edge distortion
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission to produce bright and clear high-contrast views with accurate color fidelity
- Apparent angle of view approaches wide angle to help minimize the appearance of distracting hand shake that is common when holding high-power binoculars
- Spacious 306' field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed bridge configuration provides a solid platform for the internal focusing mechanism
- Large slip-resistant center focusing wheel is easy to manipulate in cold and wet weather or while wearing gloves
- Right-eye dioptric correction enables users to compensate for individual optical prescription for clearer and sharper images
- Twist-up rubber eyecups for comfortable viewing with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter for hands-free use to eliminate vibrations and arm fatigue
- Long 17mm eye relief makes viewing easier and more comfortable, with reduced eyestrain—especially during long-duration observation sessions
- 4.2mm exit pupil will cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light
- Protective Green rubber armoring is textured to provide a slip-resistant grip
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature or environmental conditions
- Tethered objective lens caps and ocular rainguard to avoid losing them during observation sessions
- Weight: 22 ounces