Styled in a violin matte finish, the Ibanez Contemporary Archtop Series AFC95 is a hollow-body electric guitar. It features a spruce top, flamed maple back and sides, and a set-in neck fashioned out of maple and mahogany. The hollow single-cutaway body delivers a warm, resonant sound that is well suited for playing jazz. The neck is fitted with a 20-fret bound ebony fingerboard which has offset acrylic block inlays. The strings are anchored by an ebony bridge with a stylish, wood-covered VT14 tailpiece.
For electronics, the instrument is equipped with a pair of Magic Touch-Mini humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions. These pickups provide a balanced, classic tone with clarity and articulation, allowing you to play fast chromatic lines or clearly-defined complex chord shapes. You'll find tone and volume knobs for each pickup, along with a 3-way pickup selector switch.
Magic Touch-Mini Pickups
- The Ibanez Magic Touch-Mini humbucker pickups provide a balance of classic tones, alongside clear articulation on both the top and bottom of the sound spectrum. You can enjoy the clean response on the top end, presenting fast melodies or complex chord progressions with clarity and precision.
Floating Pickup Design
- Thanks to floating mounts, the Magic Touch-Mini pickups do not dampen the guitars natural body vibration, thus allowing a bigger, richer acoustic tone.
Spruce Top with Maple Back & Sides
- As well as providing its stylish appearance, these tone-woods help provide a balanced timbre.
- Ebony produces a tight low and midrange response, with a noticeable attack on the high end. It also features a quick response and rich sustain.
- The rock-solid ebony-compensated bridge gives the output a clear intonation, longer sustain, and acoustic resonance.
- Neck Type: AFC three-piece maple/mahogany set-in neck
- Body: Spruce top / flamed maple back and sides
- Fingerboard: Bound ebony fingerboard with offset acrylic block inlay
- Frets: 20, Medium frets
- Bridge: Ebony
- Tailpiece: VT14 with AFC wood cover
- Neck Pickup: Ibanez Magic Touch-Mini (humbucker, passive/alnico)
- Bridge Pickup: Ibanez Magic Touch-Mini (humbucker, passive/alnico)
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Scale: 24.7" / 628mm
- Width at Nut: 1.7" / 43mm
- Width at Last Fret: 2.2" / 56.3mm
- Thickness at 1st Fret: 0.8" / 21mm
- Thickness at 9th Fret: 0.9" / 24mm
- Radius: 12" / 305mm
- Length: 19.5" / 495.3mm
- Width: 15.8" / 400.1mm
- Max Depth: 3.6" / 92.1mm