The Ibanez Artwood Vintage Series AVC9CE is an acoustic/electric guitar with a grand concert body and a single-cutaway design. It features a solid mahogany top, as well as mahogany back and sides. The top has been Thermo Aged—a process that boosts the overall volume across the instrument's entire frequency spectrum, giving it more bass, treble, punch, and level.
The soft-V shaped mahogany neck, measuring 25.0" in scale, has an ovangkol fingerboard fitted with 20 frets and a set of chrome open gear tuners (18:1 ratio) atop the headstock, furnished with butterbean knobs for a vintage look and tuning stability. Strings are secured to the body by means of an ovangkol bridge replete with Ibanez Advantage bridge pins, which are tapered to keep the string's ball end positioned correctly and makes them easier to remove whenever you need to change strings.
For electronics, the guitar is equipped with a Fishman Sonicore pickup and an Ibanez AEQ-SP2 preamp, which has a 2-band EQ and an onboard tuner. A 1/4" output is on hand, as is a balanced XLR jack that obviates the need for a DI box when sending signal from the guitar to a house PA or mixer.
The body also boasts a few ornamental touches pleasing to the eye, including tortoiseshell binding and an open pore natural finish. The combination of elements used in the instrument's construction, including the Thermo Aged solid top, engender more resonance and make for a playing experience that is equally well suited for solo performances as it is in full-band scenarios.
- Grand concert body
- Thermo Aged solid mahogany top
- Mahogany back and sides
- Mahogany soft-V shaped neck with dovetail joint
- Ovangkol fingerboard and bridge
- Tortoiseshell body binding
- Chrome open gear tuners with butterbean knobs (18:1 gear ratio)
- Bone nut
- 20 frets
- Compensated bone saddle
- Fishman Sonicore pickup
- Ibanez AEQ-SP2 preamp with onboard tuner
- Ibanez Advantage bridge pins
- Open pore finish on body and neck
- Scale: 25.0" / 634.0mm
- Width at Nut: 1.8" / 45.0mm
- Width at 14th Fret: 2.2" / 56.0mm
- Thickness at 1st Fret: 0.9" / 21.5mm
- Thickness at 7th Fret: 0.9" / 22.5mm
- Radius: 15.8" / 400.0mm
- Length: 19.5" / 495mm
- Width: 15.3" / 387.3mm
- Max Depth: 4.3" / 108mm