A multi-functional model made for demanding workplaces, the PageWide Enterprise Color MFP 586dn All-in-One Inkjet Printer from HP offers dual-sided printing, scanning, and copying functions to help you fulfill all your imaging needs. This printer can produce high quality images at speeds of up to 50 ppm, featuring a maximum optimized resolution of 2400 x 1200 dpi for color and 1200 x 1200 dpi for black and white prints. A large 500-sheet input tray is available for handling paper sizes ranging from 4 x 8.3" to 8.5 x 11.7", while a 50-sheet multipurpose tray accepts media as small as 3 x 5" up to 8.5 x 14".
In the scanning department, the unit counts with both a flatbed and a 100-sheet ADF offering a maximum optical resolution of 600 dpi. The flatbed is ideal for copying bound material such as books and magazines, while the ADF is more efficient for loose pages and can perform single-pass duplex scanning at speeds of up to 42 ipm. Either of them can also be used for copying, which can be done as fast as 50 cpm in black or color and features customizable reduction and enlargement settings.
The 586dn can connect to your computer via USB 2.0 and Ethernet for standard wired operation, or use its built-in Wi-Fi functionality for direct wireless printing from your phone via Mopria, Apple AirPrint, HP ePrint, or Google Cloud Print 2.0. An 8" touchscreen display is used for on-board control and gives you access to features such as saving files to an USB flash drive or network folder. Made to be durable, the printer features a maximum monthly duty cycle of 80,000 pages, with a recommended volume from 2000 to 7500 pages.
- First page out times for printing as fast as 7.1 sec for black and white and 7.3 sec for color
- Large flatbed scan area uses CIS sensor and can handle documents as large as 8.5 x 14"
- Scanned images can be exported in JPEG, PDF, TIFF, and XPS file formats
- Scan-to-email function for easy sharing of important files, available once the printer is properly configured to your network
- 300-sheet face-down output bin allows for continuous printing and copying
- Pigment-based ink helps keep lines sharp even when handling fine print text or small symbols
- Several security management features such as identity authentication, data encryption, and Secure Erase
- ENERGY STAR qualified, with a maximum power consumption of 62W during use
- Accepts optional paper trays for enhanced capacity and media support
- Software and drivers included on a DVD, with versions for both Windows and Mac operating systems