Simplify the recording process and attain the audio performance of a large-format console in an elegant and extremely capable desktop package with the Audient iD44, a high-performance 20x24 USB audio interface designed by respected experts for musicians, producers, bands, and project studio engineers.
The iD44 boasts four of the same Class-A mic preamps found in Audient's world-class consoles, ensuring gold-star treatment for your dynamic or phantom-powered condenser microphones. Two harmonically rich JFET 1/4" instrument inputs are also provided, so you can plug your guitar and bass directly into the interface and get the character of valve amplifiers. Each analog input channel offers switches for 48V phantom power, a -10 dB pad, and a high-pass filter, much like a traditional recording console.
Outfitted with 24-bit / 96 kHz Burr-Brown AD/DA converters, the iD44 delivers premium accuracy while remaining natural and musical, devoid of problems caused by distortion and unstable clocking. The inclusion of two TOSLINK optical input ports enables expansion for up to 16 more recording channels via ADAT-equipped external mic preamps or A/D converters. Use the TOSLINK optical outputs to feed as many as 16 tracks to a digital mixing console, a multichannel headphone distribution system, or high-end outboard D/A converters. Thanks to the BNC wordclock output, the iD44 may be used as a clock reference for other digital equipment in your studio.
With stereo 1/4" main and alt monitor outputs, two independent Class-AB headphone outputs, and comprehensive console-style monitor control, the iD44 acts as the ideal hub for your entire monitoring system while letting you listen to your content in high quality, smoothly adjust your levels, and access dim, cut, mono sum, and more. Plus, there's the revolutionary ScrollControl, a function that can be used to control anything over which your mouse pointer hovers.
DAW software, virtual instruments, samples, cabinet simulation, and more are included to get you started on your path toward achieving polished productions. The iD44 connects to your Mac/Windows host computer via USB (Type-C and Type-A cables are supplied), and it includes a 12 VDC power supply to provide reliable power for its premium circuitry.
Four Class-A Microphone Preamps
With two pairs of balanced 1/4" stereo speaker outputs and two independent Class-AB 1/4" headphone outputs, you can have clear and convenient monitoring through multiple sets of headphones as well as main and secondary active monitors. Set up two separate cue mixes through the iD44's independent stereo outputs, each driven by their own DAC, giving you incredible depth and accuracy at all times.
16-Channel Digital I/O Expansion
The iD44 features two TOSLINK optical outputs for sending stereo S/PDIF or up to 16 channels of ADAT to an external mixer, a multichannel D/A converter, or a headphone distribution system.
Pad and High-Pass Filter Switches
Powerful Console-Style Monitor Controller
Programmable Function Buttons
- Steinberg Cubase LE and Cubasis LE 2: Turn your Mac/Windows computer or iPad into an easy-to-use music studio with all the basic tools for recording, editing, and mixing, for everything from the initial musical idea to the final track.
- Steinberg Retrologue 2: This virtual instrument emulates the warmth and fatness of classic analog synthesizers, producing a wealth of sounds that will inspire you time and again.
- Waldorf Edition 2 LE: Software emulations of three classic Waldorf products, including the legendary synth PPG Wave 2, drum module Attack, and filter D-pole.
- Two Notes Torpedo Wall of Sound: A speaker and miking simulation plug-in with eight carefully selected cab emulations, including emulations of MesaBoogie, Fender, and Ampeg.
- GForce M-Tron Pro LE: An industry-standard emulation of the classic Mellotron tape playback keyboard.
- The Sample Boutique from Loopmasters: Over 2GB of drum loops, synth loops, vocal loops, and more.
- Produce Like a Pro: Three free online courses full of valuable insight and techniques.
- Subitopiano: Get 20 minutes of time (at no extra cost) recording your MIDI tracks on a real grand piano through a specifically designed and fully automated studio, all over the web.