Designed for discerning guitar players, the BOSS Katana Artist is a 100W combo amp with a custom-built 12” semi-closed cabinet. It’s suitable for rock, jazz, country, and more. The amp’s onboard controls are relatively straightforward, with a three-knob tone stack and simple one-knob controls over a variety of effects. These effects can be loaded into your amplifier through a corresponding app for iOS and Android devices; this app, which gives you full control over the amplifier—as well as access to a bevy of choruses, delays, reverbs, pitch shifters, ring mods and more—can also organize your favorite amp setups and load them into the amplifier’s eight effects slots.
Once you’ve set up a chain, you can experience your tone through the Katana Artist's analog class-AB power amp and premium Waza speaker. Furthermore, a Cabinet Resonance controls gives you the means to achieve a high-octane sound at lower levels.
Turn your attention to the rear of the amplifier and you'll notice a bevy of connections, including a phones/recording output, a line output, an effects-loop section, and an auxiliary input. Two footswitch inputs are on hand, as are two extension speaker outputs rated at 16 Ohms. MIDI control is made available by means of a 5-pin DIN jack, and a USB facilitates the transfer of setups from a corresponding iOS/Android app straight to the amplifier.
Key Features at a Glance
- 100W combo amp
- Tube Logic design
- Robust analog class-AB power-amp section delivers highly musical response
- Custom Waza 12” speaker
- Semi-closed cabinet back for tight, focused tone with rich low end
- 5 amp characters, custom-tuned for optimum performance with the Katana-Artist’s cabinet and Waza speaker
- Choose from 61 customizable BOSS effects and many effect-routing configurations with BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- 8 Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp/effect settings
- Assign parameters to the front-panel effects knobs
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Dedicated panel controls for Cabinet Resonance and Line Out Air Feel functions
- Effects loop with position, gain, and series/parallel operation configurable via BOSS Tone Studio
- USB jack provides mix-ready tones with effects intact
- Support for external control with optional footswitches (GA-FC, FS series) and MIDI
- Stage-ready patches for all music styles available at BOSS Tone Central