The Libec Hands-Free Monopod with APX Adapter Plate Kit provides 16.5 lb of camera support and has fold-out feet with a 360° swiveling base and a 20° tilt that enables you to move freely to create smooth moving videos. Once filming has completed, you can step on the foot pedal lock, and leave the monopod free-standing in its place. The adapter plate, which is compatible with Manfrotto/Sachtler adapters, has 1.2" of sliding space within the adapter, and can connect to cameras via its 1/4"-20 threaded mount and video pin.
Libec Hands-Free Monopod
The Libec Hands-Free Monopod combines with an included tripod base to create a versatile support system while recording with a video camera, camcorder, or DSLR. The base features fold-out legs that when deployed, produces a 17.3" spread, forming a stable, free-standing platform that allows the monopod and camera placed on it to swivel 360° and be tilted 20° in any direction.
A foot-activated latch is positioned between the legs and the bottom of the monopod. Pressing and releasing the latch unlocks it, enabling the swivel and tilt movements for smooth angle or perspective adjustments. After recording a subject at a desired angle while gripping the monopod as well as the attached camera or a separately-available video head, the monopod can be returned to the upright position and locked into place by again pressing and releasing the latch.
When configured with its tripod base, the Libec Hands-Free Monopod supports up to 17.6 lb and measures 28.9" when folded. The monopod consists of three sections which utilize flip locks for fast deployment, and can be positioned for a minimum height of 29.1" to a maximum height of 69.3". A rubber cover along the top section provides a secure and comfortable grip while moving the monopod, and rubber feet on the base's legs help to enhance stability on a wide variety of surfaces.
Tripod or monopod heads, as well as cameras, lenses, or sport optics that are directly compatible with a 3/8"-16 mount can be connected to the top of the Libec Hands-Free Monopod. It is constructed from aluminum-alloy for durability while remaining lightweight, has an integrated wrist strap, and includes a shoulder bag with a drawstring closure.
Use and Handling
- Monopod with tripod base creates a versatile support system while recording with a video camera, camcorder, or DSLR
- When deployed, fold-out legs on the base produce a 17.3" spread, forming a stable, free-standing platform that allows the monopod to swivel 360° and be tilted 20° in any direction
- Foot-activated latch positioned between the legs and the bottom of the monopod enables swivel and tilt movements
- After recording at an angle, monopod can be returned to the upright position and locked into place
- When combined, monopod and base supports up to 17.6 lb, measures 28.9" when folded, and weighs 4 lb
- Individually, monopod and base measure 24.5" and 8.4" when folded
- Can be set for a minimum height of 29.1" to a maximum height of 69.3"
- Monopod features 3 sections and flip locks for fast deployment
- Rubber cover on top section of monopod provides a secure and comfortable grip
- Rubber feet on base help to enhance stability on a wide variety of surfaces
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction
- 3/8"-16 mount
- Integrated wrist strap
- Includes nylon carry bag with drawstring closure and shoulder strap
Libec QR Adapter Plate
Get your camera on and off your tripod quickly and without hassle with the QR Adapter Plate from Libec. With its snap on/off design, this adapter plate enables you to secure or release the lock knob with your left hand while holding the camera with your right. The knob is ergonomically designed and placed to avoid interference with your camera and rig during setup.
This one-touch attachment and quick release plate is compatible with select Manfrotto and Sachtler heads, allowing you to quickly switch between equipment without changing quick release plates. Various 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 screw holes under the QR Adapter make for easy mounting on tripods, monopods, rigs, or stabilizers. Additionally, a spare 3/8"-16 screw on the side can be removed to attach an optional support arm.