The Hotone Binary IR Cab emulates cabinets, power amplifiers, and microphone types, providing more than 118 total simulations in a single, small pedal enclosure. It utilizes the impulse responses of 100 cabinets, relying on Hotone’s CDCM modeling system to foster a realistic and dynamic experience.
Too many cabinets are provided to list, including multiple models of famous British and American speaker enclosures. Ten microphone emulations are on hand to lend more realism to the experience. If you want to recreate the sound of a cabinet through a 57, 421, or even a ribbon, that can all be accomplished through the twist of a knob. Furthermore, you can simulate the effects of three different microphone positions with the X, Y, and Z controls.
If any part of your pedalboard boasts a stompbox preamp, then you might find the power-amp section to be particularly useful, as you can pair your preamp with eight different power-amp possibilities, route into an emulated cabinet from there, choose a microphone model and position, and ultimately, feed a house PA, mixer, or recording interface with lifelike tone. Alternatively, you can bypass the power-amp section altogether.
The pedal provides a relatively intuitive interface, with footswitches for selecting among 100 possible patches, as well prominent buttons for adjusting and saving parameters. A headphone jack is on hand for private monitoring, as is a 1/4" auxiliary input for looping in your favorite audio-playback device. If you have a favorite cabinet impulse response in your own personal library, you can load it into the pedal over USB. A power supply is included with the Binary IR Cab.
Key Features at a Glance
- Grown out of XTOMP technology
- Easy-to-use dual footswitch IR cabinet simulator pedal
- CDCM modeling system ensures realistic playing experience
- Dual DSP-powered platform for high sound quality
- 24-bit A/D/A conversion up to 110 dB S/N ratio
- One-hundred respected cabinet emulations
- 10 CDCM-based legendary studio microphone simulations
- Detailed mic position (X, Y, Z) and room simulations
- 8 CDCM based power amp simulations with presence control
- Supports third-party IR files
- USB jack for firmware upgrading and loading/managing IRs with free Windows/Mac software
- Auxiliary input and headphone output for practicing and jamming
- 100 presets
- Built-in OLED screen with clear display
- 5 transparent knobs with LEDs
- 9 VDC power supply