Utilizing a secondary prism on a two-axis gimbal base to keep views steady despite the high power, the Vixen Optics 12x30 ATERA Vibration-Canceling IS Binoculars provide rock-solid performance with a compact and lightweight design.
The prisms are dielectric coated and phase corrected to maximize light transmission and eliminate internal interference and diffraction. The lens system is anti-reflection fully multi-coated to limit light loss. These features work together to ensure as much light as possible passes through the optic to your eyes to transmit bright and crisp high-contrast images with accurate color and limited fringing. To help compensate for minor hand vibrations or larger movement, the image-stabilizer (IS) system has an impressive stabilization freedom range of ±3° and an internal sensor that detects movement and controls the prism gimbal to deliver solid and steady views.
Vixen designed the ATERA to be highly portable and comfortable to use. Measuring under 6" long and weighing less than a pound, they have a natural feel in the hands and won't cause excessive arm fatigue when used for long periods. Twist-up eyecups and a long eye relief maximize comfort and reduce eye strain while being easy to use with or without eyeglasses or sunglasses. The binoculars run on two included AAA batteries that are readily available when it's time to replace them and features an auto-off function to extend their life.
- 12x power brings distant subjects in close for detailed observations
- 30mm objective lenses ensure a compact form factor
- BK7 primary roof prism with a BAK4 secondary prism
- Phase-correction roof prism coatings eliminate internal interference to improve contrast and clarity
- Highly reflective dielectric prism coating reduces light loss as it passes through the prism system so images remain bright with high resolution
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission for improved color fidelity, contrast, and image sharpness
- 220-foot field of view at 1000 yards
- Image is stabilized by mounting the secondary prism on a two-axis gimbal base, which allows it to move horizontally and vertically to counter movement when vibration is detected by an internal sensor
- Wide ±3° stabilization freedom range helps to compensate for the micro-vibrations common when holding any optic, as well as more drastic movement
- Simple on/off toggle switch makes use fast, easy, and intuitive
- Auto off after 5 minutes of inactivity to preserve battery life
- Runs on two included AAA batteries for up to 12 hours
Use and Handling
- Slip-resistant center-focusing wheel
- Right-eye dioptric correction allows users to compensate for optical prescriptions and ensure tack-sharp focusing
- 55-75mm interpupillary distance range accommodates a wide variety of users, especially those with narrow faces
- Twist-up eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Long 17.5mm eye relief makes viewing easy for long periods of time with reduced eye strain
- 2.6mm exit pupil
- Compact design: 5.9 x 4.3 x 2.4"
- Lightweight: 15oz, without batteries