The Rane BB 22 Balance Buddy is a professional-grade tool used to convert two-channels of -10 dBV consumer level unbalanced (RCA) outputs to balanced +4 dBu professional XLR inputs, as well as providing isolation from hum and noise thanks to the nickel-core transformers.
Signal-to-noise performance is perfectly preserved using the BB 22, since it uses only passive transformers to convert signal levels. It adds no additional noise whatsoever. The BB 22’s isolation transformers provide a quick and affordable answer to most jobs requiring signal level conversion and output balancing.
- Convert unbalanced to balanced.
- Isolate lines to stop ground loops.
- Enables the use of long balanced cables for a hum-free signal.
- Two channels of -10 dBV (RCA) to +4 dBu (XLR) conversion
- +24 dBu maximum levels
- Nickel core “80” Ni transformers provide wide bandwidth and low distortion