Designed to provide a mic locker's worth of sounds in a two-piece package, the Antelope Edge Strip Bundle comprises the Edge Modeling Microphone and the Discrete MP preamp. Also included are Antelope's AFX modeling plug-ins for transmuting the provided microphone into emulations of history's most venerable capsules. Indeed, with the microphone, the preamp, and the AFX plug-ins, the Edge Strip Bundle gives you the ability to recreate vintage tones.
The preamp utilizes USB 2.0 and provides two combination XLR-1/4" inputs and two 1/4" balanced line outputs. The gain range of this preamp is between 0 to 61 dB in 1 dB steps, giving you plenty of headroom. The preamp itself has been designed to complement the modeling microphone, sporting a linear, even frequency response up to 200 kHz.
With its dual-capsule design, the microphone can mimic not only the timbre of notable mics but also polar patterns to boot. Therefore, the Edge Modeling Mic plugs into the MP with an XLR Y-cable, taking up both inputs. With this mic, you can recreate classic 47s, 87s, 67s, and more. This bundle works with both Mac and Windows computers.
AFX Plug-In Pack
- Mic Emulations: Berlin 47 FT, Berlin 87, Berlin 67, Tokyo 800T, and Antelope Edge modeling
- Preamp Emulations: BAE 1073 MP, Gyraf Gyratec G9, and Antelope V76
- Compressors and EQs: Stay Levin Compressor/Limiter, and a BAE 1073 EQ
Edge Modeling Microphone Features
- Large-diaphragm condenser microphone with accurate transient response
- Hand-selected, dual edge-terminated capsules for a smooth, natural sound
- Metal enclosure
- Fully discrete electronic components
- Multiple polar pattern switching
- Mic Emulation FX offers a growing collection of classic microphones
Discrete MP Features
- Designed to complement the Antelope Audio Edge modeling microphone
- Two-channel microphone preamp with discrete circuitry
- Remotely controlled, digitally adjustable gain from 0 to 61 dB
- Two combination XLR-1/4" TRS connectors for mic/line signals
- Two 1/4"" balanced line outputs
- Calibration oscillator of 1 kHz / 0 dBu for accurate gain calibration
- 48 VDC phantom power
- Software control panel for Mac & Windows