With a magnification and objective lens combination favored for its ability to make detailed observations of distant subjects, even in challenging light, the Opticron 10x42 DBA VHD+ Monocular is an ideal companion for those who spend their time in the field or at the range.
The DBA is outfitted with anti-reflection fully multi-coated extra low-dispersion glass and phase-corrected dielectric-coated roof prisms to deliver bright and clear high-contrast images that are free from comas and fringing with accurate color fidelity. A wide 60° apparent angle of view produces an immersive observational experience while helping to mitigate the appearance of the distracting hand-shake that is common when holding high-power optics. For those who want to observe small insects, bugs, birds, flora, and fauna the DBA is engineered with a short 5-foot close focus distance.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that will help it withstand the rigors of the outdoors. The optical tube is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible to a depth of 5 feet, while also being resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature or environmental conditions. The tube is wrapped in protective rubber armor that provides a slip-resistant grip in cold and wet weather. Weighing under 12 ounces and measuring less than 6 inches in length, the DBA VHD+ will easily fit in a pack or pocket without adding excessive bulk to make it an invaluable addition to your kit.
- 10x magnification brings distant subjects in close for detailed observations
- Large 42mm objective lenses boosts light-gathering capability to ensure bright views, even at dawn and dusk
- Roof prism optical path ensures a slim and compact form factor
- Phase-correcting prism coatings eliminate internal interference to improve color and contrast
- Dielectric-coated prisms deliver greater than 99% light transmission across the entire visible spectrum resulting in increased brightness and clarity
- Extra low-dispersion (ED) glass lens elements reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations for increased contrast, and improved color rendition and sharpness without distortion across the entire field of view
- Proprietary S-H anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission and improve contrast and color fidelity across the entire visible spectrum
- Short 5-foot close focus distance allows for detailed observations of small insects, bugs, flora, and fauna
- Wide 60° apparent angle of view presents an immersive and panoramic observational experience
- 315-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Large slip-resistant focusing collar is easy to manipulate in cold and wet weather, and while wearing gloves
- 4-position click-stop rubber eyecup for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Long 17mm eye relief makes viewing more comfortable with reduced eye strain, especially during long glassing sessions
- 4.2mm exit pupil will completely cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light to avoid vignetting of the view
- Textured rubber armoring provides a secure and slip-resistant grip
- Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof to a depth of 5 feet, and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature and environmental conditions
- Tethered objective lens cover prevents it from being lost when using monocular
- Lightweight 12-ounce design
- Made in Japan