With its 42mm objective lenses gathering lots of light and premium components guiding the light to your eyes, Opticron's 10x42 Explorer WA ED Oasis-C+ Binocular offers a quality viewing experience in a versatile optic. Extra-low dispersion glass lenses, anti-reflection fully multi-coated optical elements, and phase-corrected BAK4 roof prisms with Oasis-C+ high-transmission coatings work together to virtually eliminate chromatic aberration, producing high-contrast images with true color fidelity.
Complementing the optical performance is an expansive 339' field of view with a 65° apparent viewing angle that produces an immersive viewing experience. The long 15mm eye relief and twist-up eyecups make viewing for long periods comfortable with or without eyewear.
Opticron employs a magnesium alloy chassis to reduce weight without sacrificing strength and overall durability. The body is wrapped with soft-touch rubber armoring to give protection from drops and impacts while helping to provide a non-slip grip—especially in cold and wet weather. Designed for durability, the housing is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed for waterproof and fogproof performance in all types of conditions. Included with the binocular are two tethered objective lens covers and a one-piece ocular rainguard that attaches to the neck strap so your caps and covers are always within easy reach.
- 10x magnification
- 42mm objective lenses
- Extra-low dispersion lenses
- Fully multi-coated optical elements
- BAK4 roof prisms with Oasis-C+ high light transmission coatings
- Phase-corrected prisms increase image contrast and correct for chromatic aberration for true color rendition
- Wide 65° apparent angle of view
- 339' field of view at 1000 yd
Use and Handling
- Closed-bridge configuration
- Three-stage twist-up rubber eyecups
- Long 15mm eye relief
- 4.2mm exit pupil
- Lightweight and strong magnesium alloy body
- Nitrogen-filled for waterproof and fogproof performance
- Soft-touch rubber armoring protects while providing a slip-resistant grip
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
- Tethered objective lens covers
- Weight: 23.3 oz