The electronic download of M12-Filter License from Arturia is software that models Tom Oberheim's Matrix-12 multimode analog polyphonic synthesizer. His brainchild instrument is now considered a classic, and the filter became synonymous with the sound of the '80s. The M12-Filter can be used by producers, sound engineers, and artists, on Mac and Windows computers, to capture a taste of that harmonically rich, classic tone in your DAW and music programs.
The plugin features two discrete analog filters, each identical to the original with cutoff and resonance control, as well as all 15 original modes. Filter effect panning and level control is also added for each filter. The M12-Filter offers 4 filter routing options: A, B, series, and parallel, giving you huge control over its sound. In addition, there is a dry/wet knob, as well as a MatrixBrute-style master cutoff that affects both filters at once.
Combining intuitive, natural-sounding modeled analog filter tone control with programmable modulation envelopes, a detailed mod matrix, and bonus random and mod osc parameters, M12-Filter is a nice go-to choice for creative frequency control. Create anything from smooth sweeps to rhythmic motion, all the way to full-blown, randomized glitch meltdowns, with the M12-Filter plugin.
- Virtual recreation of the Matrix-12 multimode filter
- 2 instances of the M12-Filter within one plugin instance
- 15 distinct filter modes available per filter instance
- Cutoff frequency, resonance, pan and out volume controls, for each instance
- Master cutoff control for controlling both instances' cutoffs at once
- 4 audio routing configurations
- Global dry/wet and output filter controls
Random Values Generator
3 Advanced Multi-Segments Envelopers
- 2 modes: loop or triggered by audio
- Synchronized with DAW's clock
- Can be used as LFOs, step sequencer, or envelopes
- Audio range modulation source for parameter frequency modulation
- 5 waveforms
- Envelope, random generator, and mod oscillator as sources
- 8 assignable destination slots with 22 reachable parameters
- 40 presets from top sound designers
- State-of-the-art TAE analog modeling