Intended to bring users the pleasure of beat making without sacrificing sound quality or features, the easily-assembled Modal Electronics CRAFTrhythm 8-Track Drum Sampler Kit is comprised of five separate boards that snap together without tools or solder. The stripped-down design allows for customization of knobs and enclosure, and lets you augment the instrument with micro-controllers and sensors (available separately).
The CRAFTrhythm features an 8-track, 16-step, fixed-grid sequencer for programming your beats. It comes with sixty-four samples, sixteen preset patterns, and eight preset kits. You can save your own samples, patterns, and kits over any of these. Each track features a mixer, sample select, a tune control with three pitch modes, a low-pass resonant filter, and three attack/hold/decay envelopes for amplitude, filter, and pitch. Four tracks of parameter animation enable you to sequence up to four parameters per pattern.
The free CRAFTapp (available separately) lets you access all track parameters and upload your own samples from your iOS, macOS, Windows, or Android device. The instrument offers a class-compliant MIDI-over-USB connection to a host computer or tablet. A headphone and line output are included for direct monitoring as well as outputting the CRAFTrhythm to speakers and other audio devices. The unit is powered via a USB cable or a AAA battery pack (available separately).
- 8-track drum and percussion sampler kit with a 16-step sequencer
- Can be assembled without need to solder, in less than 10 minutes
- Can store up to sixty-four 44.1 kHz/16-bit mono samples
- Use the free CRAFTapp to access all track parameters and upload your own samples from your iOS, macOS, Windows, or Android device (available separately)
- Mixer stage per track with level and pan controls
- Low-pass resonant filter per track with a dedicated attack/hold/decay envelope
- Amplitude attack/hold/decay envelope per track
- Tune control with three different pitch modes: speed, stretch, and shift
- Speed parameter alters the pitch by playing the sample faster or slower
- Stretch parameter selects the number of steps the sample will be stretched to allow for tempo matching of looped samples
- Shift parameter activates a pitch-shifting algorithm that maintains the same sample length along with a dedicated attack/hold/decay envelope—ideal for samples containing melodic content
- 16 recallable patterns with up to 16-part pattern chaining
- 8 recallable kits that store the per track parameters for sonic changes on the fly
- 4 tracks of parameter animation
- Global tempo and tap tempo with a step division for semi-quavers, quavers, and quarter notes
- Pattern groove control allows you to add swing and shuffle
- 8 preset grooves allow for triplets and other non-conventional rhythms
- Live input mode lets you play steps while the sequencer is running
- Class-compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Headphone and line outputs
- Powered via USB Mini-B or optional AAA battery pack—Adafruit 727, 3 x AAA pack recommended (available separately)