Bundled together by B&H for your convenience, the Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII DUO Kit gives you a 2x6 channel interface capable of running UAD's lauded plug-ins, as well as the Softube Console 1 MKII Hardware and Software Mixer. Along with the ability to run UAD real-time processing, the Apollo Twin MKII DUO sports two mic preamps with unison technology and a front-panel, high-impedance input for instruments. The Softube Console 1 MKII lets you control plug-ins as you would hardware, by twiddling knobs instead of moving your mouse. It features full control over UAD plug-ins such as the Analog Classics bundle included with the interface.
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII DUO Desktop Interface with Realtime UAD Processing for Mac and Windows
The Apollo Twin MKII DUO Desktop Interface with Realtime UAD Processing from Universal Audio is a Thunderbolt audio interface capable of capturing your audio in up to 24-bit/192 kHz with real-time, low-latency UAD plug-in processing. Building upon the success of the original, the Twin MKII offers a ground-up redesign of the A/D and D/A converters, as well as increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. Other enhancements include improved monitor functionality with Mute, Dim, Mono, and ALT speaker switching, as well as monitor remote controls and a built-in talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues.
Like the original, the Twin MKII features Universal Audio's Unison technology, which, in conjunction with their UAD plug-ins, is capable of emulating a range of tube and solid-state microphone preamps, including their impedance and gain-stage sweet spots. The interface includes the Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, the 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, and the 610-B Tube Preamp.
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- UAD-2 DUO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Unison technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Two premium Unison mic/line preamps
- Two line outputs
- Front-panel Hi-Z instrument input
- Headphone output
- Two digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to eight channels of additional digital input via optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Bundle
- UA 610-B
- Marshall Plexi Classic Amplifier
- Teletronix LA-2A Legacy
- UA 1176LN Legacy
- UA 1176SE Legacy
- Pultec EQP-1A Legacy
- Pultec Pro Legacy
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Modulation
- Precision Delay Modulation L
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8X10
Softube Console 1 MKII Hardware and Software Mixer with Integrated UAD Control
Now with software that enables you to manipulate select UAD plug-ins in the physical universe, the Softube Console 1 MK II Hardware and Software Mixer is an integrated hardware solution designed for studio mixing without the use of a mouse. The system provides a software channel strip that can be utilized with any track in your DAW, as well as a hardware controller for adjusting the parameters of that channel strip. You can keep watch over all track levels using the on-screen meter bridge and the hardware's built-in meter display.
You can switch between tracks using the controller's bank of channel selector buttons. When switching between channels, the contoller's built-in LED indicators—now more visible than before— will change to display the current channel-strip levels; the on-screen display will change to show the selected channel. Page-up and page-down buttons enable access to additional channels in groups of 20.
The system comes with Softube's virtual model of a classic large-frame console, the Solid State Logic SL 4000 E, and with this emulation, you get every tonal option an SSL channel strip can provide. In addition to this emulation—as well as separately available models of other classic consoles—the system allows you to control, straight from hardware, well-regarded UAD emulations. It also lets you control Apollo Console software right from its knobs, giving you the ability to tweak unison-enabled technology with your fingers, rather than with a mouse. Digital offerings from Chandler Limited, Fairchild, Teletronix, Tube-Tech, Abbey Road Studios, and more are all represented, with no MIDI mapping required to make these plug-ins work with the controller.
As for the hardware controller, you can use it in a variety of ways, grouping multiple channels together to adjust their channel strip parameters simultaneously. You can also copy and paste settings from one channel to another. The flexibility of the controller allows for parallel compression and side-chaining, and a history function allows you to undo any change to the plug-ins, thus facilitating experimentation when mixing.
The MKII also includes DAW control functions for Presonus Studio One and Cakewalk Sonar, two DAWs heretofore incompatible with the product. The system supports VST, VST3, AU, and AAX plug-in formats on Mac OS X systems, and is compatible with Windows as well.