Safely support your professional DSLR or mirrorless camera with this Vanguard Alta Pro 2+ 264AT Aluminum Tripod with BH-100 Ball Head Kit put together by B&H. This product pairs the capable Alta Pro 2+ 264AT aluminum tripod with the sturdy BH-100 ball head, which incorporates an independent pan lock and two bubble levels in its design for precise framing. The kit can hold equipment as heavy as 15.4 lb and enable you to go as high as 63.5", folding down to 24.4" in length for transport.
Vanguard Alta Pro 2+ 264AT 4-Section Aluminum Tripod
The Vanguard Alta Pro 2+ 264AT Aluminum Tripod supports up to 15.4 lb, measures 19.9" when folded, and can be positioned to a maximum height of 59" with its push-and-pull, rapid center column fully raised. Its 4-section legs each feature an independent 20°, 40°, 60°, or 80° spread as well as 35° twist locks for rapid adjustments. Non-slip, all-weather TPU grips on two of the legs provide a secure, comfortable grip while moving the tripod, and rubber feet enhance stability on a wide variety of surfaces.
Tripod heads, cameras, lenses, or sport optics that are compatible with 1/4"-20 or 3/8"-16 male threads connect to top of the tripod's stable, hexagonal, cross arm-type center column that can be positioned horizontally like a small boom in in 15° increments. This allows for a very low minimum working distances that are ideal for macro work. A tripod bag with shoulder strap is included for storage and transport.
MACC (Multi-Angle Center Column System):
Central Column and Lock Mechanism
Leg Angle Selector
Vanguard Alta BH-100 Ball Head
The Vanguard Alta BH-100 is an Arca-type ball head that has a load capacity of 22.0 lb and can be attached to tripods or other support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount.
Cameras or accessories that are compatible with a 1/4"-20 mount can be connected to the included QS-60 V2 Quick Release Plate. The quick release plate can be attached or removed from the integrated clamp located at the top of the head's ball-and-socket joint by tightening or loosening the clamp's knurled, locking knob. Within the recessed surface between the clamp's jaws is a retaining pin. This pin prevents an installed QS-60 V2 Quick Release Plate from accidentally sliding off when the clamp is opened. The quick release plate features a rubberized, non-slip platform while two built-in bubble levels along the edges of the clamp accommodate landscape or portrait orientations.
By loosening the ball head's primary locking knob, the head's ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position. Variable tension can be applied to the ball-and-socket joint's movements by rotating the friction knob located above the primary locking knob. Toward the side of the ball head opposite the primary locking knob is a secondary locking knob, which controls the ability to rotate the head 360°.
- Arca-type ball head with 22.0 lb load capacity
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount
- Uses ball-and-socket joint to help maximize pan-and-tilt flexibility
- Ball-and-socket joint provides 360° of swivel control, is tiltable down to a 90° angle, and can be locked into place
- Large, primary locking knob with knurled surface allows ball-and-socket joint to be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position
- Knurled friction knob located above the primary locking knob applies variable tension on the ball-and-socket joint's movements
- Secondary locking knob with knurled surface allows head to rotate 360°
- Integrated clamp on top of on the ball-and-socket joint is compatible with included QS-60 V2 Quick Release Plate
- Two built-in bubble levels along the edges of the clamp accommodate landscape or portrait orientations
- Integrated retaining pin on the clamp prevents QS-60 V2 Quick Release Plate from accidentally sliding off when the clamp is opened
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction