Sony's PXW-Z280 4K 3CMOS 1/2" Sensor XDCAM Camcorder uses a 3CMOS 1/2"-type sensor to capture up to 4K60 video, providing deep depth of field, improved low-light capability, and optimal image quality with excellent HDR performance. This camera's integrated 17x optical zoom lens has independent focus, iris, and zoom rings and its electronically variable ND filter enables on-the-fly exposure adjustments. The PXW-Z280 camera supports a variety of modern codecs such as XAVC-Intra and XAVC-Long, as well as legacy codecs such as MPEG HD and DVCAM, enabling you to use one camera to shoot 4K, HD, or SD video.
HDR/SDR Dual Production
The PXW-Z280 camera supports S-Log 3 for improved performance, and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) which allows you to shoot and deliver footage compatible with both HDR (high dynamic range) and SDR (standard dynamic range) without needing laborious post-production work. You can record in both 4K and HD simultaneously, or output 4K60p via the built-in 12G-SDI output.
17x Zoom Lens
The 17x zoom lens provides a 30.3 to 515mm (35mm equivalent) range, with up to 34x digital zoom in HD, and independent focus, iris, and zoom rings for quick manual adjustments.
Optimal HDR Performance
The PXW-Z380 is ready to fulfill your HDR needs with two workflows:
- S-Log3 to capture maximum data for ultimate flexibility in grading.
- The Instant HDR Workflow uses HLG (hybrid log-gamma) to quickly shoot, edit, and view content without compromising on imagery.
Face Detection AF enables you to keep your subject in sharp focus even when you change your coverage angle. Choose between Face Priority AF and Face Only AF modes.
Direct Streaming/Dual-Link Cellular
- This camera features built-in, dual-band 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi for RTMP/RTMPS live streaming to popular online platforms. Use your smartphone or tablet to set up a streaming channel, connect the camera via Wi-Fi and you're ready to go.
- The PXW-Z280 is compatible with standard USB cellular dongles from most networks, providing an even more reliable connection.
- Dual SxS memory card slots enable you to record in simultaneous, relay, or backup modes.
- Two MI (multi-interface) shoes enable you to power wireless microphones, lights, and other compatible accessories.
- Audio features include dual XLR inputs with independent volume dials and up to 4-channel audio.