The Assimilate Z CAM S1 Pro & SCRATCH VR Z Bundle includes the Z CAM S1 Pro Cinematic VR Camera, Z CAM WonderStitch software, and Assimilate SCRATCH VR Z software, which is the standard SCRATCH VR with integrated Z CAM S1 Pro camera control features. Altogether, the bundle provides a comprehensive professional VR post-production workflow with a real-time toolset and data management functionality for dailies, conform, color grading, compositing, ambisonic sound, and finishing.
The Z CAM S1 Pro shoots 360° video and outputs a 6K spherical resolution image at 30 fps. It's a fully integrated camera with four Sony Exmor sensors, four VRCA 220° fisheye lenses, four dedicated processors, four directional microphones, and four SDXC card slots. The camera offers auto, manual, and coordinated exposure and white balance settings which aid in the post-stitching of your video. Additionally, the Z CAM S1 Pro is capable of live streaming via an Ethernet connection to a PC and using the optional WonderLive streaming software. The camera is powered by a removable battery module that accepts four 18650 button top batteries (not included). In comparison to the original Z CAM S1, the main advantage of the Z CAM S1 Pro is that it's designed with improved lenses that deliver an image with reduced chromatic aberration and diffraction; plus, the lens iris is adjustable to provide additional control over the image.
SCRATCH VR Z, like SCRATCH VR, includes all the features of SCRATCH plus seamless VR color grading, 360 compositing tools (such as stabilizing, titling, and inserting 2D elements into a 360° scene), and stitching and ambisonic audio, altogether providing for a complete end-to-end VR workflow. It's compatible with Mac and Windows systems.
Z CAM S1 Pro
- Simultaneously records MOV video using the H.264 codec to four SDXC cards
- One card is dedicated to each lens/sensor combination
- You can use virtually any post stitching software to create 360° video from the four separate MOV video files
- Live streaming of your 360° video requires that you connect your camera to a PC via the Ethernet port and use WonderLive software (not included)
- The battery unit accepts four 18650 button top batteries, which allow the camera to shoot without being connected to a power supply (the 18650 batteries are not included and must be sourced separately)
SCRATCH VR Z
- Color grading
- Multichannel/ambisonic audio support
- Publish to online 360° VOD platforms (Facebook 360, YouTube 360, etc.)
- Publish to all other 360° deliverables
- Z CAM S1 Pro camera controls
- Z CAM S1 Pro live preview
- Integrated Z CAM WonderStitch
- Data management/meta-data management directly from Z CAM S1 Pro
- Direct multichannel audio support from Z CAM S1 Pro
- Requires Windows 7+ or OS X 10.7+ with an Intel processor, any modern graphics card (NVIDIA Quadro / AMD Firepro recommended for high-end graphics), and 8GB minimum RAM