Capture stunning 4K video and beautiful photos at depths as great as 200' with the Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing and Sony Alpha a9 Camera Body Kit from B&H. Bundling the durable waterproof enclosure with the 24.2MP digital SLR camera body, this package gets you well on your way to a photo or video adventure beneath the surface. Once you grab your favorite lens, the appropriate port, and a strobe or video light, you'll be ready to start your dive.
Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing for Sony a7 III, a7R III & a9 with Dry Lock Port Mount
Capture brilliant images of the aquatic world with your Sony a7 III, a7R III, or a9 mirrorless camera in Ikelite's 200DL Underwater Housing with Dry Lock Port Mount, which has a depth rating of 200'. An Ikelite bulkhead with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional external strobes via sync cords. The use of an optional TTL hot shoe and converter will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes will still work in manual mode only.
Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push buttons, dials, and levers, afford access to all essential camera functions. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. It is white on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. The supplied aluminum tray with a left-hand quick release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm.
This housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various, interchangeable dome and flat ports for an array of lenses. For full compatibility details, see the port chart. The Dry Lock (DL) port system accommodates lenses with large diameters, and provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before the dive. You'll need to pick up the required pump in order to remove excess air and actually create a vacuum.
- Depth rating of 200'
- Two double-passivated, stainless steel locking latches are corrosion resistant and virtually unbreakable
- Housing is made by hand in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend
- White on the front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep the camera cool when shooting on or above the water's surface
- Clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls
- Housing alone has nearly neutral buoyancy in fresh water, though your choice of lens and port may change the overall buoyancy of the system
- Open-groove design suspends the rear O-ring in the natural position, making maintenance easier and preventing accidental twisting or stretching
- Front-loading mounting plate enables quick camera installation, and does not need to be removed in order for you to gain battery or memory card access
- Mounting plate has a 1/4"-20 threaded hole on the bottom for connection to an optional tripod
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Use of an optional external strobe is highly recommended for color correction and adequate brightness, and basically essential once you descend deeper than 15-20' underwater
- Strobe restores hues that are absorbed by the water, so your images are vibrant and accurate
- Try to stay no more than 3-4' away from your subject to preserve natural colors in images
- Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of strobes
- Optional TTL hot shoe and converter, e.g., Ikelite's ST1K Sony Alpha TTL Kit, will enable TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes, which use the #4103.51 Single and #4103.52 Dual Sync Cords
- Non-Ikelite strobes, such as those from Sea & Sea, INON, and Retra, will still work in manual mode only, and can be connected via #4118.1 Single and #4118.2 Dual Sync Cords
- Older non-digital strobes can be used in manual mode via #4103.51 Single and #4103.52 Dual Cords
- Housing ships without a required sync cord for a strobe
- Bulkhead has been moved to the top of the enclosure to keep the cord out of your way and reduce strain on the ends
- Ikelite's #4403 Optical Slave Converter and Aquatica's Water Wizard system are available options that will let you trigger wireless slave strobes
- Exposure compensation is available via the camera's controls
Controls and Handling
- Sensitive shutter and AF-On levers are curved and extendable, in order to increase comfort when using the optional right-hand grip
- Push buttons have been modified to reduce weight and salt buildup
- Upgraded soft-touch knobs, including the zoom knob on the side, allow for a better, more comfortable grip with or without gloves
- Ergonomic, mechanical push buttons, knobs, and levers afford access to all camera functions except for the diopter adjustment dial, multi-selector, focus mode dial / lock-release button, and media slot cover switch
- Control symbols are etched into the back of the housing with lasers, so they won't fade or fall off with time
- Control placement is as close as possible to the layout of functions on the camera, allowing your muscle memory to guide you, so you don't have to learn another set of controls
- LCD monitor can be tilted during camera installation to give you a better viewing angle
- Supereye Viewfinder enhances your view through the camera's OVF when you're wearing a mask
- You can remove the Supereye quickly if you'd like to attach the optional Straight or 45° Magnified Viewfinder instead
- Hard-anodized aluminum tray with a left-hand quick release grip improves balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm
- Optional right-hand grip can be added easily
- 1/4"-20 mounts and other mounting points enable connection to a tripod and the addition of accessories
- Tray is more than 3/4 lb lighter than Ikelite's previous model
- Housing is a 1/2 lb lighter than its FL-mount counterpart
- Another 1/4"-20 threaded mount is located front and center on the housing above the port mount, allowing for the attachment of a focus light, GoPro action camera, or other lightweight piece of equipment
- Spare 1/2-20 threaded port on top of the enclosure allows for the addition of various accessories
- Optional Cable Grip or Aluminum Top Handle can be added for easier carrying if you're using 2 strobes
- Ships without a required lens port
- Accepts all Ikelite Dry Lock (DL) dome and flat ports, enabling you to shoot with a wide variety of lenses
- Zoom and focus gears are available for many lenses
- For complete compatibility details, see the port chart linked above
- DL port system accommodates lenses with large diameters
- Provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve that helps you check watertight integrity before the dive
- Removal of excess air to create a vacuum requires #47011 Pump with Gauge
- DL mount can be removed and replaced by the older FL (Four Lock) port locks, though this change would be irreversible unless you sent the housing back to Ikelite to have the DL mount installed again
Sony Alpha a9 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
Bringing the speed Sony mirrorless shooters have been waiting for, the Alpha a9 Mirrorless Digital Camera takes impressive multimedia capabilities and ups the processing capabilities for ultra-fast continuous shooting. Making use of a 24.2MP full-frame Exmor RS stacked CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor, the a9 is capable of shooting at up to 20 fps, recording UHD 4K video internally, and shooting with an expanded sensitivity range to ISO 204,800. Balancing the quickness of the processor is a well-matched 693-point phase-detection autofocus system that covers 93% of the image area for accurate and quick subject tracking in a variety of lighting conditions. Additionally, complementing both the imaging and focusing assets, the a9 also sports 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake when shooting handheld.
Matching its professional imaging capabilities is a well-rounded physical construction that is fully weather-sealed for use in trying environmental conditions. For clear, uncompromised viewing, a quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder is featured with an impressive 3.686m-dot resolution and 120 fps refresh rate for clear, bright, and smooth eye-level viewing. Alternatively, a 3.0" 1.44m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD is also available to benefit working from high and low angles. Dual SD memory card slots, a customizable menu system, and a variety of physical control dials further round out the camera's intuitive design, and built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enables wireless image sharing and remote camera control from linked mobile devices.
24.2MP Full-Frame Exmor RS Stacked CMOS Sensor
BIONZ X Image Processor
693-Point Phase-Detection AF
The apt focus system also lends itself to a variety of focusing functions for refined accuracy, including Lock-on AF, which maintains focus on moving subjects throughout the use of a configurable frame that is set over the desired moving subject, and Expand Flexible Spot, which employs neighboring focus points to retain focus on moving subjects even if the originally selected point loses focus. Additionally, Eye AF can be used to base focus on recognized subjects' eyes for portraits and is available in both AF-S and AF-C modes. Autofocus can also be used in conjunction with the Focus Magnifier function for critical focus when homing in on minute subject details.
In addition to autofocus, the a9 also features a Peaking MF function to benefit manual focus control by highlighting sharp edges of contrast for a more objective means of acquiring sharp focus.
5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
For long focal lengths, the system will correct for pitch and yaw adjustments. Macro and high-magnification imagery, on the other hand, will benefit from the inclusion of horizontal and vertical shift compensation. All shooting styles will get usage out of the roll compensation. All 5 axes of stabilization will function at all times, even when used with third-party lenses and adapters or lenses with built-in optical stabilization.
UHD 4K Video Recording in XAVC S Format
4K video recording also avails the ability to produce 8MP stills during playback by taking a frame grab from a movie and storing it as a separate file.
Slow & Quick Motion
Enhanced Zebra Function
Time Code and User Bit Settings
- Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder features a 3.686m-dot resolution and a 0.78x magnification for bright and clear viewing. The EVF also sports a Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating to reduce reflections and a high 120 fps refresh rate can be used to reduce lag for a smoother viewing experience. Additionally, a fluorine coating has been applied to the outermost viewfinder element to benefit cleaning.
- Rear 3.0" 1.44m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD is available for live view shooting and menu navigation. The touchscreen enables Touch Focus for intuitive adjustment of your focus point, and the tilting design benefits working from both high and low angles.
- Dual SD card slots provide a more flexible means for storing files. The lower card slot supports UHS-II type cards, and the slots can be configured to do an in-camera backup, segregated raw/JPEG recording, or overflow saving.
- My Menu function can be used to customize your menu items for easy, direct access with up to 72 options to be set and ordered.
- Stacked drive mode and focus mode dials, a dedicated AF-ON button, and a rear multi-selector all afford greater efficiency when switching focus modes, points, or exposure settings.
- Integrated LAN terminal enables making wired FTP transfers for notably fast transfer speeds. Also, the first three characters of the file name can be customized for easier organization during post-production.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a9 to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.
- Magnesium-alloy body design is both lightweight and durable, and also weather-sealed for use in trying environmental conditions.
- Integrated PC sync terminal for wired flash sync with strobe packs or wireless radio remotes.