Capture 24.2MP photos and Full HD 1080p video of sea life with the Ikelite Underwater Housing and Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Camera Body Kit from B&H. Once you grab your favorite lens, a compatible Ikelite port, and a strobe or video light, you'll be ready to begin your aquatic adventures at depths as great as 200'. The housing offers mechanical controls that provide access to all key camera functions and an Ikelite bulkhead connector for the attachment of external strobes via sync cords.
Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing for Canon EOS Rebel T7i with Dry Lock Port Mount (200')
You can capture sharp, detailed images at depths as great as 200' beneath the surface with your Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR camera, thanks to Ikelite's 200DL Underwater Housing with Dry Lock Port Mount. An Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional, external strobes. Use of an optional TTL hot shoe and circuitry will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes will still work in manual mode only.
Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers, afford access to most camera functions. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. It's white on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but the clear acrylic back plate allows you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. The supplied aluminum tray with a quick-release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm.
The housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various dome and flat ports for a broad array of zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses. For full compatibility, see the Port Chart. Ikelite's Dry Lock (DL) Port System accommodates lenses with large diameters, and provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before the dive. The DL port mount may be removed and replaced by an older one to allow you to use standard and modular ports from Ikelite's Four Lock system.
- Depth rating: 200'
- Made by hand in USA from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend
- White on front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep camera cool when shooting at or above water's surface
- Clear acrylic back, which is also corrosion-resistant, allows you to monitor O-ring seal and maintain view of camera's rear controls
- Housing alone has nearly neutral buoyancy in fresh water; overall system buoyancy varies based on choice of lens and port
- Open-groove design suspends rear O-ring in natural position, allowing for easier maintenance and preventing accidental twisting or stretching of O-ring
- Front-loading camera mounting system makes installation and removal easy
- Camera mounting plate enables quick installation and does not need to be removed in order for you to gain battery or memory card access
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead with manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional, external strobes via sync cords
- Optional # 46070 CT1K Canon TTL Kit (hot shoe and circuitry) will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes, such as Sea & Sea, Inon, and Retra models, will still work in manual mode only
- TTL exposure compensation adjustable in-camera
- Flash units without sync cords may be triggered as slaves by hard-wired strobes
- Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering of additional flash units via Optical Slave Converter #4403 or Aquatica's Water Wizard system
- Flash bulkhead has been moved to top of housing to prevent sync cord from getting in the way and to reduce strain
- Use of external strobe highly recommended for color-correction and adequate brightness, and basically essential once you descend further than 15-20' underwater
- Strobe restores hues that get absorbed by water, so your images are vibrant and accurate
- Try to stay no more than 3-4' away from subject to preserve natural colors in images
- Camera's built-in flash cannot be used inside housing
Controls and Handling
- Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers
- Controls afford access to many camera functions
- Following functions inaccessible: Diopter adjustment dial, multi-function lock switch, depth-of-field preview, and LCD panel illumination
- Whenever possible, controls have been placed in same configuration as on camera, allowing you to take advantage of familiarity and muscle memory you've already developed with camera
- Control symbols laser-etched into rear of housing won't fade with time
- Camera's bright LCD screen visible from edge to edge through rear of enclosure
- Supplied, anodized aluminum tray with a left-hand quick-release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm
- Optional right-hand QR grip can be added to allow for a second lighting arm to be connected
- Optional Cable Grip and Aluminum top handles can be added if shooting with 2 strobes
- Tray and handle can be removed quickly and easily for travel and storage
- Camera mounting plate has 1/4"-20 threaded hole for connection to optional tripod
- •Enhance your view with optional Straight Magnified Viewfinder or 45° Magnified Viewfinder
Lens Port System
- Dry Lock (DL) Port System accommodates lenses with very large diameters
- Housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts interchangeable dome and flat ports for various zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses
- For full compatibility, see Port Chart linked above
- Accepts array of zoom and focus gears for various lenses
- Large, soft-touch knob on side of housing makes small adjustments easy
- Provides added security against leaks at surface--thanks in large part to included vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before dive
- # 47011 Pump with Gauge required in order to remove excess air and actually create a vacuum
- DL mount may be removed and replaced with old-style port locks to allow for mounting of standard or modular Four Lock ports; however, re-installation of DL base will require you to ship housing back to Ikelite or other authorized service center
Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Camera (Body Only)
Packing a versatile feature-set in a sleek and portable body, the EOS Rebel T7i DSLR from Canon offers advanced imaging capabilities along with a convenient range of controls and connectivity. Utilizing a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor, the Rebel T7i is able to capture high-resolution stills and video with an expanded sensitivity range of ISO 100-51200 to suit working in a wide variety of lighting conditions. The sensor and processor combination also avails 6 fps continuous shooting for working with moving subjects. Benefitting the imaging attributes, the sensor's design also facilitates Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which uses phase-detection autofocus for quick, accurate, and smooth focusing performance when recording movies or shooting stills in live view. When shooting stills using the optical viewfinder, a 45-point all cross-type phase-detection system is used for quick and accurate focusing in a variety of shooting scenarios.
In regard to the physical design, a large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD is featured for intuitive settings control and live view monitoring, and it uses a vari-angle design to permit easier viewing from high and low working angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC is available for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Image Processor
45-Point All Cross-Type AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
When recording video or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Full HD 1080p Video Recording
Unique to most video recording systems, the T7i also features an HDR Movie mode that can be used to achieve greater highlight and shadow detail when recording in high contrast scenarios. This mode captures two HD frames at different exposures, one normal and one underexposed, in short succession at up to 60 fps and then composites them during playback at 30 fps to create a movie with a longer-appearing dynamic range.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a vari-angle design to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Optical pentamirror viewfinder serves a clear means for eye-level shooting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Included LP-E17 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 820 shots per charge.
Other Camera Features
- A 7560-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor benefits both autofocus and exposure metering precision and enables Color Tracking for more accurately detecting skin colors.
- Creative Filters can be applied to creatively refine the look of imagery in-camera, and include Art Bold, Water Painting, and Fisheye Effect for stills, as well as Dream, Old Movies, and Memory for video.
- A Feature Assistant user interface is available to highlight and guide use of specific camera modes and features.
- Picture Style modes: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and User-Defined settings.