Capture images and Full HD 1080p video at depths as great as 200' with this Ikelite Underwater Housing and Canon PowerShot SX730 HS Digital Camera Kit from B&H Photo. Bundling Ikelite's dedicated #6148.73 waterproof enclosure with the compatible 20.3MP Canon point-and-shoot, this package lets you begin your photo or video adventure beneath the surface right away. To complete your setup, add an optional tray with a grip handle and a lighting arm, which will enable you to connect an external strobe for improved illumination and color correction. You'll need this flash once you descend to moderate depths and beyond.
Ikelite Underwater Housing for Canon PowerShot SX730
Capture detailed photos and HD video at depths as great as 200' beneath the surface with Ikelite's Underwater Housing for the Canon PowerShot SX730 HS. The enclosure is equipped with two fiber-optic ports for the connection of optional, external strobes via the appropriate cords. Access to all camera functions except for the flash switch and mobile device connection button is afforded by the large, ergonomic, mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled gears/knobs, and levers.
Built for durability, the housing is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend, which is light gray/white on the front, sides, top, and bottom but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and rear camera controls. The housing features a built-in, flat, optical glass lens port with a 3.0" diameter. Optional, accessory wide-angle and macro conversion lenses, as well as color-correction filters, can be attached to the front of the port to enhance your images.
- Depth Rating: 200'
- Made by hand in USA
- Crafted from corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend
- Light gray/white on the front, sides, top, and bottom but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and rear camera controls
- Light gray/off-white color reflects sunlight to keep camera cool when shooting at or above water's surface, and also offers better contrast for improved viewing of camera, monitor, and O-ring seal
- Design eliminates need for O-ring groove or channel, which can trap sand, dirt, or debris
- Two double-passivated, stainless-steel locking lid snaps help ensure secure closure
- Front-loading camera mounting system makes installation and removal a breeze
- Camera mounting plate allows ready access to battery and memory card, and features a standard 1/4"-20 threaded mount for connection to tripod topside
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Dual fiber-optic ports for the connection of optional, external strobes via the appropriate cords
- At depths greater than about 60', or when diving in dark conditions, an external light source is necessary to provide adequate illumination and restore colors that get absorbed by water and turned into muted blue and green shades
- To preserve natural colors of subjects and environments in images, try to stay within arm's reach of what you're shooting. The further away you go, the more light is absorbed by water, which acts like a big blue/green filter
Controls, Handling, and Operation
- Access to all camera functions except for flash open lever is afforded by large, ergonomic, mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled gears/knobs, and levers
- Rear controls marked with easy-to-see, laser-engraved symbols that won't fade or fall off with time
- Extra-sensitive shutter lever for easy activation
- Front rubberized grip for secure hold
- Two 1/4"-20 threaded holes are included on bottom of housing for attachment of optional tray with grips, which will improve balance and handling underwater while offering attachment points for lighting arms
- Built-in, flat, optical glass lens port with a 3.0" diameter allows full use of zoom range
- Optional, accessory wide-angle and macro conversion lenses can be attached to port's 67mm front threads with minimal vignetting, while 3.9" color-correction filters can be fitted onto front of port
- Wide-angle lenses provide greater angle of coverage to allow you to fit more in frame, while macro lenses magnify your image to enable close-ups with greater clarity and detail
- Both types of conversion lenses get you closer to subjects, reducing amount of water in between you and therefore minimizing distortion
- Optional, external color-correction filters, available for tropical blue and green water help restore hues that get absorbed underwater in order to bring back richness, vibrancy, and color accuracy to images
- Since color filters reduce amount of light that enters lens, they are most effective in sunny conditions at depths of about 80' or less
- Color filters not recommended for use in conjunction with external lighting, as combination can throw off color accuracy in images
Canon PowerShot SX730 HS Digital Camera (Black)
A versatile and compact point-and-shoot, the black PowerShot SX730 HS from Canon combines a wide-reaching zoom with apt multimedia recording capabilities. Employing a 20.3MP 1/2.3" High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 image processor, smooth image quality is afforded along with enhanced low-light sensitivity and minimal noise when working with sensitivities up to ISO 3200. The sensor and processor also enable shooting continuously at a rate of 5.9 fps as well as recording Full HD 1080p/60 video. Benefitting the imaging capabilities is a 40x zoom lens, which covers a 24-960mm equivalent focal length range, to suit photographing in a wide variety of situations. Intelligent IS complements this reach by minimizing the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Sleek and pocketable, the SX730 HS is also characterized by its 3.0" 922k-dot tilting LCD monitor, which is perfect for shooting from low angles or taking well-composed selfies, and built-in Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth connectivity allow you to wirelessly share imagery and remotely control the camera from a paired smartphone or tablet.
20.3MP CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6 Image Processor
40x Zoom Lens and Intelligent Image Stabilization
- Normal IS corrects for a wide range of common camera movements.
- Panning IS detects deliberate panning movements and does not compensate for lateral movements to permit desired camera movements.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS corrects for shift-type camera shake that commonly occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Tripod is a dedicated setting that automatically deactivates IS when the use of a tripod is detected since camera-based stabilization is not needed.
- Dynamic IS is well-suited to recording at wide-angle focal lengths and reduces unwanted shaking that typically occurs when walking while recording.
- Powered IS compensates for hand movements that become more visually discernible when working at the telephoto end of the zoom range.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS minimizes the appearance of shake when walking as well as compensates for shift-type shake that occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Active Tripod IS minimizes the slight amount of shake that can happen when recording video while using a tripod.
Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth
Other Camera Features
- A large 3.0" 922k-dot LCD monitor is available for composing imagery, navigating the menu, and reviewing photos and videos, and the screen can be tilted upward 180° to suit working from low and front-facing angles.
- Zoom Framing Assist automatically zooms in or out to keep a subject within the frame and in focus when using longer focal lengths.
- MF Peaking is available for a clearer, more objective means to attain sharp focus when manually focusing.
- Self Portrait Mode encompasses a range of tools for capturing the perfect selfie, including skin tone smoothing, background blurring, brightness adjustment, and a customizable self-timer. This mode can be accessed through the menu or can be automatically activated when the screen is tilted a full 180°.
- Creative Shot mode utilizes various compositional, color, and lighting elements from an original image in order to produce a new, unique image with artistic flair.
- Story Highlights can automatically produce a highlight reel, comprised of videos and photos from a day or an event, and then add music and effects for playback.