Stunning Full HD 1080p video and beautiful photos at depths as great as 200' are yours, thanks to the Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing and Nikon D750 Camera Body Kit from B&H. Bundling the durable waterproof enclosure with the 24.3MP digital SLR camera body, this package gets you well on your way to a photo or video adventure beneath the surface. Once you grab your favorite lens, the appropriate port, and a strobe or video light, you'll be ready to start your dive.
Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing for Nikon D750 with Dry Lock Port Mount
Capture brilliant images at depths as great as 200' with your Nikon D750 DSLR in Ikelite's 200DL Underwater Housing, which features the Dry Lock Port Mount and a vacuum valve. An Ikelite bulkhead with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional external strobes via sync cords. The use of an optional TTL hot shoe and the Nikon TTL Converter will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes will still work in manual mode only.
Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, dials, and levers, afford access to all essential camera functions. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. It is white on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. The supplied aluminum tray with a left-hand quick-release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm.
This housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various, interchangeable dome and flat ports for a broad array of lenses. For full compatibility details, see the port chart. The DL port system accommodates lenses with large diameters, and provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before the dive. You'll need to pick up the required pump in order to remove excess air and actually create a vacuum.
- Depth rating of 200'
- Made by hand in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend
- White on the front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep the camera cool when shooting on or above the water's surface
- Clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls
- Housing alone has nearly neutral buoyancy in fresh water, though your choice of lens and port may change the overall buoyancy of the system
- Open-groove design suspends the rear O-ring in the natural position, allowing for easier maintenance and preventing accidental twisting or stretching
- Front-loading mounting plate enables quick camera installation, and does not need to be removed in order for you to gain battery or memory card access
- Mounting plate has a 1/4"-20 threaded hole on the bottom for connection to an optional tripod
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Use of an optional external strobe is highly recommended for color correction and adequate brightness, and basically essential once you descend deeper than 15-20' underwater
- Strobe restores hues that are absorbed by the water, so your images are vibrant and accurate
- Try to stay no more than 3-4' away from your subject to preserve natural colors in images
- Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of strobes
- Optional #46064 NT2 Nikon TTL hot shoe and #4301.3 Nikon TTL Converter enable TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes, which use #4103.51 Single and #4103.52 Dual Sync Cords
- Non-Ikelite strobes, such as those from Sea & Sea, INON, and Retra, will still work in manual mode only, and can be connected via #4118.1 Single and #4118.2 Dual Sync Cords
- Older non-digital strobes can be used in manual mode via #4103.51 Single and #4103.52 Dual Cords
- Housing ships without a required sync cord for a strobe
- Bulkhead has been moved to the top of the enclosure to keep the cord out of your way and reduce strain on the ends
- Ikelite's #4403 Optical Slave Converter and Aquatica's Water Wizard system are available options that will allow you to trigger wireless slave strobes
Controls and Handling
- Sensitive, redesigned shutter and AF-On levers are curved and extendable, in order to increase comfort when using the optional right-hand grip
- Large, soft-touch zoom knob is located next to the grip handle
- Push-buttons have been modified to reduce weight and salt buildup
- Ergonomic mechanical push-buttons, dials, and levers afford access to all camera functions except for the following: mode dial lock release, diopter adjustment control, focus mode selector, focus selector lock, PV, Fn, and BKT
- Control symbols are laser-etched into the back of the housing, so they won't fade or fall off with time
- Supereye Viewfinder enhances your view through the camera's OVF when you're wearing a mask
- You can remove the Supereye quickly if you'd like to attach the optional Straight or 45° Magnified Viewfinder instead
- Hard-anodized aluminum tray with a left-hand quick-release grip improves balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm
- Optional right-hand grip can be added easily
- 1/4"-20 mounts and other mounting points enable connection to a tripod and the addition of accessories
- Tray is more than 3/4 lb lighter than Ikelite's previous model
- Housing is 1/2 lb lighter than its FL-mount counterpart
- Another 1/4"-20 threaded mount is located front and center on the housing above the port mount, allowing for the attachment of a focus light, GoPro action camera, or other lightweight piece of equipment
- Optional Cable Grip or Aluminum Top Handle can be added for easier carrying if you're using 2 strobes
- Ships without a required lens port
- Accepts all Ikelite Dry Lock (DL) dome and flat ports, allowing you to shoot with a wide variety of lenses
- Zoom gears are available for many lenses
- For complete compatibility details, see the port chart linked above
- DL port system accommodates lenses with large diameters
- Provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve that helps you check watertight integrity before the dive
- Removal of excess air to create a vacuum requires #47011 Pump with Gauge
- DL mount can be removed and replaced by the older FL (Four Lock) port locks, though this change would be irreversible unless you sent the housing back to Ikelite to have the DL mount installed again
Nikon D750 DSLR Camera (Body Only)
Championing a multimedia approach to photography, Nikon's D750 DSLR is an FX-format camera well-suited to both still imaging and video recording. Featuring a 24.3MP CMOS sensor, along with the EXPEED 4 image processor, this camera is capable of producing high-resolution imagery with smooth color gradations, low noise, and sensitivity to an expandable ISO 51200, at a continuous shooting rate of up to 6.5 fps. In regard to video recording, Full HD 1080p/60 is supported, along with the ability to record uncompressed video to an optional external recorder. Working from high and low angles is possible due to the tilting 3.2" 1,229k-dot LCD monitor or, for remote shooting, the D750 also features built-in Wi-Fi connectivity. Designed for the contemporary image-maker, this DSLR is poised to benefit still photographers and videographers alike with the versatility and performance to match any working situation.
Benefitting the imaging capabilities of the D750, an equally apt 51-point AF system, with 15 cross-type points, is available and can be configured to utilize five AF points as a single focusing point in the Group Area AF setting for heightened initial subject recognition. The 3D Color Matrix Metering III system, along with the 91,000-pixel RGB sensor, also benefits the focusing abilities as well as provides accurate exposure metering to suit a vast array of subjects and lighting conditions. Furthermore, benefitting creative applications, the D750 supports in-camera creation of time-lapse movies with automated exposure smoothing, and a range of Picture Control profiles can be applied to refine the color and tonal handling of imagery.
24.3MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 4 Image Processor
Full HD Video Recording
Recording to an optional external recorder is possible in order to gain uncompressed 4:2:2 8-bit output through the HDMI port and, when recording externally, use of the camera's LCD monitor for live view monitoring is possible. Power aperture control is supported during external recording, too, as well as when recording to internal memory cards. Simultaneous recording to both memory cards and an external recording device is possible for instant backup and duplication of files, and 2MP 16:9 still images can also be recorded simultaneously during video recording. In-camera video trimming is possible as well, along with the ability to select the movie's saving destination.
In regard to audio recording, an in-camera stereo microphone can be used or, alternatively, an input is available for utilizing an optional external stereo microphone. Sound levels can be adjusted across 20 levels prior to and during recording, along with the ability to monitor audio via the headphone output.
51-Point Advanced Multi-CAM 3500FX II AF Sensor
For even faster initial focusing and subject recognition, five AF sensors can be used together as a single focus point with the Group Area AF setting. Furthermore, Single-point AF, Dynamic-area AF (with 9, 21, or 51 points selectable), 3D-tracking (using all 51 points), and Auto-area AF modes are also available.
When working in live view, for either still or movie shooting, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better-suit working with moving subjects. Four distinct AF-area modes are available when using the contrast-detection focusing method: Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, and Subject-tracking AF.
Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
Camera Design Features
- A large 3.2" 1,229k-dot LCD monitor is incorporated into the D750's design, and features a tilting design to benefit working from high and low angles. Additionally, the screen features an RGBW color array to enhance visibility in bright conditions, and can be custom color balanced to match additional external monitors.
- A bright pentaprism optical viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage and incorporates an organic EL display system to clearly display shooting information for seamless adjustment over camera settings without removing your eye from the viewfinder.
- A built-in pop-up flash can be used to provide additional illumination to scenes and can also be used as a flash commander to wirelessly communicate with other Nikon CLS-compatible Speedlights. Additionally, a hot shoe is available for utilizing optional external flashes.
- Dual SD card slots are available to extend file saving capabilities by permitting either overflow recording or in-camera file duplicating. Additionally, optional HDMI-connected external recorders are supported for recording uncompressed video and time lapse sequences.
- A unique monocoque body design helps to lessen the overall weight and size of the camera for more comfortable use during long shooting sessions. The front of the camera and front cover are constructed from carbon-fiber reinforced thermoplastics, and the rear and top covers are magnesium alloy to present a well-balanced mixture of both durability and sleekness.
- The included EN-EL15 rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack provides up to approximately 1230 shots or up to 55 minutes of recording per charge (based on CIPA standards).
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
- Communications protocols: 802.11b - DSSS/CCK; 802.11g - OFDM
- Operating frequency: 2412 to 2462 MHz (channels 1 to 11)
- Range (line of sight): Approx. 98.4' / 30m (assumes no interference; range may vary with interference)
- Data rate: 54 Mbps (maximum logical data rates)
- Security: Authentication - Open system, WPA2-PSK; Encryption - AES
- Wireless setup: Supports WPS
- Access protocols: Infrastructure
For faster wireless performance, the D750 is also compatible with the optional WT-5A Wireless Transmitter and UT-1 Communication Unit, which can transmit image files via FTP.
Other Camera Features
- Pairing video and still imaging capabilities, in-camera time lapse shooting is possible using the built-in intervalometer to record up to 9999 consecutive exposures at variable intervals. Exposure smoothing can also be applied to groups of sequentially-recorded images in order to produce a naturally-appearing time lapse straight from the camera.
- Dedicated Photo Shooting and Movie Shooting menus aid in easily accessing dedicated settings and controls depending on the medium you are working with
- Special Effects modes can be applied to both still and video files for in-camera creative enhancement.
- Auto ISO sensitivity control allows you to select a minimum shutter speed at which camera shake can be controlled from and then will automatically set the ISO value in order to best render the scene. A maximum sensitivity level can also be set in order to maintain overall noise levels.
- Spot White Balance control for live view shooting makes setting the white balance as easy as pointing to the area in the frame that should be white.
- MC-DC2 port enables the connection of optional accessories, such as remote shutter releases.
- Picture Control modes allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera and include Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, Flat, and user-customizable settings.
- Special Effects modes allow you to creatively enhance imagery in-camera: Night Vision, Color Sketch, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key.
- A range of scene modes can be employed to base exposure settings on pre-defined, detected scene types: Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close Up, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Party/Indoor, Beach/Snow, Sunset, Dusk/Dawn, Pet Portrait, Candlelight, Blossom, Autumn Colors, and Food. Playback functions: Auto Image Rotation, Full-Frame and Thumbnail (4, 9, or 72 images or calendar), Highlights, Histogram Display, Image Comment , Movie Playback, Movie Slideshow, Playback with Zoom, and Slideshow.
- In-camera image editing: Color Balance, Color Outline, Color Sketch, D-Lighting, Distortion Control, Edit Movie, Filter Effects, Fisheye, Image Overlay, Miniature Effect, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) Processing, Perspective Control, Quick Retouch, Red-Eye Correction, Resize, Selective Color, Side-by-Side Comparison, Straighten, and Trim.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.