Capture brilliant 50.6MP photos and Full HD 1080p video of sea life with the Ikelite Underwater Housing and Canon EOS 5DS DSLR Camera Body Kit from B&H. Once you grab your favorite lens, a compatible Ikelite port, and a strobe or video light, you'll be ready to begin your aquatic adventures at depths as great as 200'. The housing offers mechanical controls that provide access to all key camera functions and an Ikelite bulkhead connector for the attachment of external strobes via sync cords.
Ikelite Underwater Housing for Canon 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, 5DS, or 5DS R with Dry Lock Port Mount (200')
Capture sharp, detailed photos and video beneath the surface with your Canon EOS 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, 5DS, or 5DS R DSLR camera in Ikelite's Underwater Housing with Dry Lock Port Mount. The front and back parts are both depth rated to 200'. The back can be swapped out for an optional one with a 50' rating if you're looking for something lighter in weight and slightly smaller, and you aren't venturing down a great distance below the surface. An Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional, external strobes. Use of an optional TTL hot shoe and circuitry will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes will still work in manual mode only.
Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers, afford access to virtually all camera functions. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. It's white on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but the clear Lexan back plate allows you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. The supplied aluminum tray with a left-hand quick-release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm.
The housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various dome and flat ports for a broad array of zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses. For full compatibility, see the Port Chart. The Dry Lock (DL) Port System accommodates lenses with large diameters, and provides added security against leaks at the surface, thanks in large part to the included vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before the dive.
- The front and back parts are both depth rated to 200'
- Back can be swapped out for an optional one with a 50' depth rating
- Made by hand in USA from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend
- White on front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep camera cool when shooting on or above water's surface
- Clear Lexan back, which is also corrosion-resistant, allows you to monitor O-ring seal and maintain view of camera's rear controls
- Nearly neutral buoyancy in fresh water; actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- Open-groove design suspends rear O-ring in natural position, allowing for easier maintenance and preventing accidental twisting or stretching of O-ring
- Camera mounting plate enables quick installation and does not need to be removed in order for you to gain battery or memory card access
- Spare 1/2-20 threaded mount on front of housing for attaching optional accessories
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with a manual hot shoe connection enables reliable electrical triggering of optional, external strobes via sync cords
- Optional # 46070 CT1K Canon TTL Kit (hot shoe and circuitry) will allow for TTL operation with compatible Ikelite DS strobes; non-Ikelite strobes, such as Sea & Sea, Inon, and Nikonos models, will still work in manual mode only
- All strobes used with camera in this housing require sync cord connection, unless they are additional flash units being triggered as slaves by the hard-wired strobes
- Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering via Optical Slave Converter #4403 or Aquatica's Water Wizard system
- Use of external strobe highly recommended for color-correction and adequate brightness, and basically essential once you descend further than 15-20' underwater
- Strobe restores hues that get absorbed by water, so your images are vibrant and accurate
- Try to stay no more than 3-4' away from subject to preserve natural colors in images
Controls and Handling
- Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers
- Controls afford access to virtually all camera functions, including shutter release, zoom, power on/off, start/stop video recording, main dial, mode dial/lock release, metering mode/white balance, AF mode/drive mode, ISO, lens release, AF-ON, menu, info, playback, Creative photo/comparative playback, rate button, index/magnify/reduce, erase, live view shooting/movie shooting switch, AE lock, AF point selection, quick control, setting, [Q] quick control dial
- Extra large, soft touch zoom knob and universal zoom gear system
- Control symbols laser-etched into rear of housing won't fade with time
- Supplied aluminum tray with a left-hand quick-release grip affords improved balance and handling, while offering an attachment point for an optional lighting arm
- Optional right-hand QR grip can be added to allow for a second lighting arm to be connected
- Enhance your view with optional # 6890 Straight Magnified Viewfinder or #6891.1 45° Magnified Viewfinder Type 1
Lens Port System
- Dry Lock (DL) Port System
- Housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various interchangeable dome and flat ports for a broad array of zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses
- For full compatibility, see Port Chart linked above
- Provides added security against leaks at the surface--thanks in large part to included vacuum valve for checking watertight integrity before dive
- Pump required in order to remove excess air and actually create a vacuum
Canon EOS 5DS DSLR Camera (Body Only)
The EOS 5DS DSLR Camera from Canon is the long-awaited follow-up to the vaunted 5D Mark III and brings with it new technology and a number of significant upgrades, placing it in very lofty territory for a DSLR. Featuring a full-frame 50.6MP CMOS sensor, the camera captures ultra-high resolution images suitable for large-scale printing and extensive, creative cropping. The Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors provide the wherewithal to handle this abundance of information, enabling fast performance speeds and top-of-the-line image quality. The 5DS also features advanced video capability including HD 1080p capture at 30 fps and a Time Lapse movie function which takes still photos at set intervals and combines them into a full HD movie.
The EOS Scene Detection System with the 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor provides precise exposure and color metering and the 61-point High Density Reticular AF sensor with 41 cross-type points enables accurate AF placement and Canon's EOS iTR (Intelligent Tracking and Resolution) enhances AF performance by using information from the metering sensor. Crop shooting at 1.3x and 1.6x allows for flexibility in the size of image files created and the selection of lenses. Also, a built-in intervalometer and bulb timer expand your creative options. An advanced mirror control mechanism and new selectable shutter release lag times control camera vibration for reduced blur and quiet operation. Anti-flicker functionality compensates for flickering light sources, providing consistent exposure metering during continuous shooting. Despite its large file sizes, the 5DS can still offer up to a 5 fps continuous shooting rate.
For stable eye-level composition the 5DS features the Intelligent Viewfinder II with 100% coverage. In addition to its clear view, a superimposed, transparent LCD is incorporated which displays setting information and offers a customizable view of focus points and grid lines. The 3.2" ClearView II LCD monitor provides playback and live view composition with 1.04m-dot resolution and a 170º viewing angle. High-transparency materials and multi-coating resist reflections for bright viewing, especially important when shooting video.
The 5DS is a durable and multi-faceted camera for advanced use, yet its dimensions match that of the 5D Mark III. A magnesium-alloy build provides resistance to impact and the elements and inputs include a PC terminal, 3-pin input, an external microphone jack as well as HDMI out and USB 3.0 compatibility. The base plate and tripod socket have also been reinforced to reduce vibrations and ensure a secure attachment to support systems. Dual media slots for Compact Flash and SD format memory cards are supported. A customizable Quick Control System allows you to easily switch between frequently used settings and functions.