The matchbox-sized NanoLockit from Ambient Recording is a highly accurate and easy-to-use timecode generator which allows you to wirelessly sync timecode and frame rate between devices. The Pro Kit Blue for ARRI ALEXA Mini includes the NanoLockit, a timecode cable for connecting to the ALEXA Mini, and a USB cable for external power connection, internal battery charging, MIDI timecode, communication, and firmware updates. The unidirectional timecode cable features a standard 5-pin LEMO connector on one end and 5-pin LEMO right-angle connector for the ALEXA Mini on the other.
Synced devices enable you to generate clips that can be quickly auto-conformed in professional editing software, streamlining your post-production workflow. The NanoLockit lets you generate timecode at all frame rates using the built-in Real Time Clock (RTC), or jam-sync other units by feeding in external timecode via the 5-pin LEMO connection. Syncing up is a one button experience as the unit self-configures and the frame rate is set automatically when jammed.
Timecode and metadata are transmitted via the proprietary 2.4 GHz, ACN long-range radio network, making the unit compatible with all other ACN Lockit devices. Power is provided externally via the micro-USB port or by the rechargeable battery, which provides 35+ hours of operation on a full charge. With its sturdy aluminum body and locking LEMO port, the NanoLockit is well-equipped to withstand the prolonged rigors of on-set use.
NanoLockit Timecode Generator
- Highly accurate wireless timecode generator with matchbox-sized form-factor
- Generate timecode using built-in Real Time Clock, or feed in external timecode via the LEMO port to jam-sync other units
- Self-configuring SMPTE and MIDI timecode in/out
- Auto frame rate configuration on jam
- Supports all timecode frame rates
- On-board wireless ACN system: long-range radio network transmits timecode/metadata and enables syncing of all units on set with one click
- Compatible with all other ACN Lockit devices
- Professional, locking LEMO connector with TC in/out and ACN metadata support
- Timecode output level adjustable for timecode on audio track with non-timecode equipment
- Set RTC and frame rate with free LockitToolbox software (Mac/Windows)
- Less than 1 frame drift per day in autonomous mode, zero drift with active C-Jam master in ACN
- TRX mode for sending pre-recorded timecode to slates and remotely start/stop recorders via external timecode
- Easy-to-read bicolor status LED
- Micro-USB connector for external power supply, simultaneous internal battery charging, MIDI timecode, communication, and firmware updates
- Auto power on external supply feature enables set-and-forget operation on hard-to-access configurations such as "steadycams", gimbals, and drones
- Rechargeable battery: 35 hours+ operation on full charge
- 2 hours charging time for full charge, 15 minutes charging time for 4 hours of operation
- Solid aluminum body and self-locking LEMO interface to withstand the rigors of on-set use