The NanoLockit Value Pack 1 from Ambient Recording is a universal, highly-accurate timecode bundle featuring the MasterLockit Timecode Hub Transceiver and two NanoLockit Wireless Timecode Generators. It includes multiple timecode cables, allowing for comprehensive compatibility with most cameras, including the ARRI ALEXA, AMIRA, and ALEXA Mini, RED EPIC, WEAPON, HELIX, MONSTRO, and DSMC 1 and 2, Blackmagic, Canon, Sony, and VariCam cameras, DSLR and mirrorless models, and film cameras. It's also compatible with most audio recorders.
The MasterLockit Timecode Hub Transceiver is a temperature-compensated timecode master and "On the Set" metadata server with dual processor architecture. It offers features like generator-buffered timecode transceiving and 0.0ppm drift between linked units through continuous jam with control and monitoring through the integrated web GUI. The NanoLockit Wireless Timecode Generators are matchbox-sized timecode generator models suitable for all applications. All three devices allow for reliable synchronization of multiple cameras/audio recorders without cables and are fully compatible with the proprietary ACN long-range radio network and with ACN Lockit devices.
The bundle contains the following timecode and power cables:
3 x 5-pin LEMO to BNC timecode output cables
3 x 5-pin LEMO to 5-pin LEMO timecode input/output cables
2 x 5-pin LEMO to 4-pin LEMO timecode output cables
2 x 5-pin LEMO to 3.5mm TRS timecode input/output cables
1 x 4-pin Hirose to 4-pin Hirose power cable
2 x USB cables for external power connection, internal battery charging, MIDI timecode, communication, and firmware updates
Ambient Recording Master Lockit ACN-ML Timecode Hub Transceiver
The Master Lockit ACN-ML Timecode Hub Transceiver from Ambient Recording is a timecode master, wireless video proxy server, and "On the Set" metadata synchronization hub. It features less than one frame a day drift due to continuous jam and generator buffered timecode transceiver mode. Built-in WiFi router enables iPads running LockitSCRIPT and Tonmeister apps to automatically sync all metadata. The Master Lockit serves as the metadata synchronization hub as its onboard webserver collects and stores all metadata on the set. Meanwhile, iPads running LockitSCRIPT and Tonmeister apps maintain a local data backup.
The Master Lockit is compatible with ARRI ALEXA cameras via Ethernet, enabling the unit to provide the ALEXA with the driftless timecode while simultaneously collecting metadata. In addition, it has built-in GP I/O and LANC ports, enabling the Master Lockit to collect record start / stop positions of most cameras, including Red, Blackmagic, and Panasonic.
The Master Lockit can interface with Teradec and Vitec recorders as well, storing up to 64GB of video, and distributing video proxies directly into the LockitSCRIPT app. The video clips are associated with metadata, enabling you to use the LockitSCRIPT app to reference actual video clips within associated takes and scenes, while accessing all data collected during that shot.
Ambient Recording NanoLockit Wireless Timecode Generator (Single)
The matchbox-sized NanoLockit from Ambient Recording is a highly accurate and easy-to-use timecode generator which allows you to wirelessly sync timecode and framerate between devices such as DSLRs, film cameras or audio recorders. Synced devices enable you to generate clips that can be quickly auto-conformed in professional editing software, streamlining your post-production workflow.
The NanoLockit lets you generate timecode at all framerates using the built-in Real Time Clock (RTC), or jam-sync other units by feeding in external timecode via the 5-pin LEMO connector. Syncing up is a one button experience as the unit self-configures and the framerate is set automatically when jammed.
Timecode and metadata are transmitted via the proprietary 2.4 GHz, ACN long-range radio network, making the unit compatible with all other ACN Lockit devices. Power is provided externally via the micro-USB port or by the rechargeable battery, which provides 35+ hours of operation on a full charge. With its sturdy aluminum body and locking LEMO connector, the NanoLockit is well equipped to withstand the prolonged rigors of on-set use.
- Highly accurate wireless timecode generator with matchbox-size form-factor
- Generate timecode using built-in Real Time Clock, or feed in external timecode via the LEMO port to jam-sync other units
- Self-configuring SMPTE and MIDI timecode in/out
- Auto framerate configuration on jam
- Supports all timecode framerates
- On-board wireless ACN system — long-range radio network transmits timecode/metadata and enables syncing of all units on set with one click
- Compatible with all other ACN Lockit devices
- Professional, locking LEMO connector with TC in/out and ACN metadata support
- Timecode output level adjustable for timecode on audio track with non-timecode equipment such as DSLRs
- Set RTC and frame rate with free LockitToolbox software (Mac/Windows)
- Less than 1 frame drift per day in autonomous mode, zero drift with active C-Jam master in ACN
- Metadata transceiver for RED Digital Cinema cameras
- TRX mode for sending pre-recorded timecode to slates and remotely start/stop recorders via external timecode
- Easy-to-read bicolor status LED
- Micro-USB connector for external power supply, simultaneous internal battery charging, MIDI timecode, communication, and firmware updates
- Auto power on external supply feature enables set-and-forget operation on hard-to-access configurations such as steadycams, gimbals, and drones
- Rechargeable battery: 35 hours+ operation on full charge
- 2 hours charging time for full charge, 15 minutes charging time for 4 hours of operation
- Solid aluminum body and self-locking LEMO interface to withstand the rigors of on-set use
- LEMO to 3.5mm audio jack cable included for use with DSLRs and consumer cameras
Ambient Recording LTC-OUT Lockit Time Code Out to BNC / L5P-BNC
The Ambient Recording LTC-OUT Lockit Time Code Out to BNC / L5P-BNC is an output cable for the Lockit ACL 204 TC-Generator / Trilevel-Sync and ACN-TL Tiny Lockit. This is a tool for syncing audio recorders on-the-go. The output cable is a 5-pin Lemo connector to BNC 90° and is 15.75" (40 cm) long.
Ambient Recording TC-IO Straight Unidirectional 5-Pin LEMO Timecode Cable (Black, 23.6")
The black TC-IO Straight Unidirectional 5-Pin LEMO Timecode Cable from Ambient Recording is designed to carry timecode between compatible recorders such as Sound Devices and Lectrosonics in ENG, field recording, interviews, and more. The cable is approximately 23.6” long, and is terminated with a straight 5-pin LEMO connector on each end.
The polyurethane coating provides increased durability while maintaining flexibility. Braided shielding and cord-supported stranded wires deliver increased strength and protection against interference. A label on the cable indicates correct direction, and each connector is marked with a different color (red = output, green = input).
- Unidirectional cable for connecting timecode between compatible devices
- Straight 5-pin LEMO connectors with different colors to indicate proper use (red = output, green = input)
- Polyurethane coating provides increased durability while maintaining flexibility
- Cord-supported stranded wires and braided shielding increase mechanical strength, yielding enhanced protection against interference
- 23.6" cable length
Ambient Recording LTC-OUT/EPIC Lockit Timecode Output Cable for Red Epic/Scarlet (16")
The LTC-OUT/EPIC Lockit Timecode Output Cable from Ambient Recording is used to connect Red Epic/Scarlet cameras to the company's Lockit System (Master Lockit / Lockit Sync Box / Tiny Lockit).
Ambient Recording AK-HS4 4-Pin Hirose Straight to 4-Pin Hirose Straight Power Supply Cable (1.64')
The 1.64' AK-HS4 4-Pin Hirose to 4-Pin Hirose Cable from Ambient Recording is used for supplying power and features a 4-pin Hirose straight connector on one end and a 4-pin Hirose straight connector on the other end.