The KD-FIX418 resolves common HDMI integration obstacles related to HDCP, EDID, hot plug detection, and bandwidth. Units may be paired to compress and decompress 18 Gbps video signals and extend via legacy 10.2 Gbps cabling, or high-equalization may be applied on the HDMI input for repair of degraded incoming signals.
The KD-FIX418 is a simple yet powerful correction device with many different modes to help integrators fix 18G HDMI video signal problems. In down-convert mode the unit accepts an incoming 18G signal and down-converts into a 10G signal for integration into an existing matrix or video distribution system. Another mode compresses 18G signals for extension over a long HDMI cable and then decompresses the signal with a second KD-FIX418 unit installed near the display. With compression and decompressed modes selected, the 18G signal is able to extend over existing infrastructure and still be displayed at 18G. Lastly, it also has high-input boost to clear up any issues with artifacts on the display such as lost pixels or flickering. The different modes are selected using a small rotary conveniently located next to the HDMI connecter on the unit.
The KD-FIX418 works with HDMI cabling for extension of 4K/UHD signals with HDR10 up to 75 ft/23 m in or out, and offers 4K/UHD support for 4096 x 2160 or 3840 x 2160 24/25/30/60 Hz at 4:4:4(up to 18 Gbps bandwidth).
KD-FIX418 also has built - in Full Buffer System technology which manages TMDS re-clocking and signal re-generation, HDCP authentication to source & display, and EDID handshaking control. Unlike many manufacturers, Key Digital has had EDID control for 10+ years. EDID control has 15 different settings inside the software, many of which are now updated to contain HDR header information in the handshake. HDCP authentication on the HDMI input gives the source the information and file it needs and is 2.2 compliant. Forced hot plug detection enables the integrator or user to choose if the active signal voltage is forced to the connected input device.
- HDMI correction: resolves common HDMI integration obstacles related to HDCP, EDID, hot plug detection, and bandwidth
- Compress/decompress: pair units to compress and decompress 18 Gbps video signals and extend via legacy 10.2 Gbps cabling
- Boost mode: high equalization option on HDMI input for repair of degraded incoming signals
- Cabling extension: works with HDMI cabling for extension of 4K/UHD signals with HDR10 up to 75 ft/23 m in or out. Maximum one active/directional HDMI cable may be used
- 4K/UHD support: 4096 x 2160 or 3840 x 2160 24/25/30/60 Hz at 4:4:4(up to 18 Gbps bandwidth)
- HDR10 and Dolby Vision: more life-like images through a greater range of luminance levels
- HDCP2.2: compliancy up to HDCP 2.2 and backward compliant
- Deep color support: up to 4K/UHD 30 Hz 4:4: 4/12 bits or 60 Hz 4:4:4/8 bit
- Low profile: super compact chassis size
- USB powered: low power consumption enables power from standard USB micro port
- Full buffer system: manages TMDS re-clocking/signal re-generation, HDCP source & display authentication, hot plug management and EDID control handshake
- Lossless compressed digital audio: Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby Atmos
- Auto-EQ: precise signal equalization applied to input and output signals automatically delivers best possible picture quality
- EDID control: internal library with 15 EDID handshakes including 4K with HDR in addition to native EDID data of output/display
- Forced HPD: enables integrator to choose if active signal voltage is forced to connected input device
- CEC and ARC pass-thru: enables inter-device communication signals via CEC, ARC, and HDMI Ethernet channels