This Kupo Big Boom with Four-Way Geared Control features steel and aluminum construction which provides a balance between strength and weight, and it has a black finish to reduce reflections as it is used to precisely place light fixtures weighing up to 13.2 pounds at maximum extension of the telescoping arm. The Big Boom has a Junior pin for mounting on Junior or Combo stands. It also features both a Junior and Baby pin receiver, allowing you to attach a variety of light fixtures to the end of the boom.
Four axes of geared articulation allow you to precisely control the pan, tilt, rotation, and extension of the Big Boom. These individual axes are each controlled by a separate geared crank lever. The boom has a 120° tilt range, and can be folded straight down when mounted on a stand to minimize its footprint when stored. Included with the Big Boom is an empty saddle-style sandbag that can be filled on location, and when full weighs approximately 77 pounds. The bag is outfitted with straps that help attach it to the boom, providing counterbalance. An included cable clip has space for Allen keys and can accommodate one cable with a thickness of 0.39" and one with a thickness of 0.26."
- Features a four-way geared control design which allows for positioning of a light in difficult positions
- A unique mechanical design allows the boom to fold down neatly, providing an ideal solution for storage and transportation.
- The gear is covered to prevent dust and cable jamming
- Safety wire with linchpin for extra level of security
- The cable clip has space to hold two Allen keys and two cables, which keeps the cables taught and out of the way