Capture brilliant images and 4K30p video at depths as great as 200' with this Ikelite Underwater Housing and Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Kit from B&H. Bundling Ikelite's waterproof enclosure with a 20.3MP mirrorless digital camera, this package gets you well on your way to a photo or video adventure beneath the surface. Add a lens port, a lighting arm, and a flash or video light to complete your setup and embark on your dive.
Ikelite 200DLM/B Underwater TTL Housing for Panasonic Lumix GX9 Mirrorless Micro Four-Thirds Cameras
You can capture sharp, detailed photos and video at depths as great as 200' beneath the surface, thanks to Ikelite's 200DLM/B Underwater TTL Housing for your Panasonic Lumix Lumix GX9 Mirrorless MFT camera. An Ikelite bulkhead with integrated TTL circuitry enables the connection of optional, external strobes. Ikelite DS flash units can be used in TTL or manual exposure mode, while third-party strobes will work in manual mode. The camera's built-in flash can be used to operate external fiber optic strobes, and two fiber optic ports are provided.
Ergonomic mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers, afford access to virtually all camera functions. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. It is light gray/white on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls. An optional, separately sold aluminum tray with a quick-release grip handle or two will afford improved balance and handling, while offering a way to attach optional lighting arms.
The housing ships without a required lens port, and accepts various, interchangeable dome and flat ports for a broad array of zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses. For full compatibility, see the DLM Type B Port Chart.
- Depth rating of 200'
- Made by hand in USA from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend
- White/light gray on front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep camera cool when shooting on or above water's surface
- Clear in back to allow you to monitor O-ring seal and maintain view of camera's rear controls
- Housing alone has slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water; overall buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- Rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of O-ring, and eliminates need for groove that can trap sand, dirt, and debris, thus allowing for easier maintenance
- Spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port on side of housing allows for easy installation of optional #47012 Vacuum Kit
- Front-loading camera-mounting system makes for quick and easy setup
- Mounting plate enables hassle-free access to battery and memory card
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Ikelite bulkhead with hot shoe connection and integrated TTL circuitry enables reliable electrical triggering of external strobes via sync cords
- Circuit powered by strobe, so there are no batteries to change and there is no maintenance to be done
- Exposure compensation in TTL mode is supported using camera's built-in control
- Ikelite DS strobes are operable in TTL or manual mode
- Third-party strobes operable in manual mode only
- Housing provides direct electrical connection to camera's hot shoe
- Cord attachment is as easy as screwing in a light bulb, and threaded fit prevents accidental detachment during use
- Bulkhead connection on top of enclosure to keep cords out of the way and reduce strain on ends
- Camera's built-in flash can be used to trigger external fiber optic strobes; two fiber optic ports provided
Controls and Handling
- Large, ergonomic, mechanical push-buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers are easily operable with or without thick gloves
- Controls afford access to all camera functions except for diopter adjustment control, flash open lever, and focus mode lever
- Shutter lever is highly sensitive and curved, and can be elongated with optional Trigger Extension #4077.93
- Anodized video recording start/stop button is bright red for easy identification
- Rear control symbols are laser-engraved so as not to peel or fade off with time
- Two 1/4"-20 threaded mounts on bottom with 3" permit attachment to optional separately sold tray for handles & lighting arms
Lens Port System
- Ships without a required lens port
- Accepts various, interchangeable dome and flat ports for a broad array of zoom, wide-angle, and macro lenses
- For full compatibility, see DLM Port Chart linked above
- Simply press port on and tighten three thumb screws
Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with 12-60mm Lens (Black)
Offering a versatile feature-set to please photographers and videographers alike, the black Lumix DC-GX9 from Panasonic is a Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera that is also characterized by its rangefinder-inspired body design and sleek form factor. Featuring a 20.3 MP Digital Live MOS sensor, along with a Venus Engine image processor, the GX9 is able to record UHD 4K movies at 30 or 24 fps, record full-resolution stills at up to 9 fps with AF-S or 8MP stills at 30 fps, and work in difficult lighting situations with a top sensitivity of ISO 25600. Additionally, complementing the imaging capabilities, is a Dual I.S.2 system that offers the use of both in-camera and in-lens image stabilization systems to effectively minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four stops.
In regard to the physical design, the GX9 incorporates a tilting 2.76m-dot electronic viewfinder and a tilting 3.0" 1.24m-dot rear LCD touchscreen to suit working from a variety of angles. A top dual dial affords direct adjustment of both exposure compensation and shooting mode settings, and the top plate also avails access to a hot shoe as well as a built-in pop-up flash. For remote use of the camera, integrated Bluetooth LE allows wireless control over the shutter and select shooting functions with a linked mobile device, and built-in Wi-Fi can also be used for transferring imagery to a smartphone or tablet.
20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
UHD 4K Video Recording
4K PHOTO Modes
- Burst: this mode will allow you to continuously record, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- Pre-Burst: this mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record images one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- Burst (S/S): this mode most closely follows the video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
Body Design and Built-In Bluetooth
- A large Live View Finder features a unique tilting design to benefit working from low angles and also has an impressive 2.76m-dot resolution and 0.7x magnification.
- A larger means for image composition and playback, the 3.0" 1.24m-dot rear LCD monitor has an 80° upward, 45° downward tilting design to support viewing from a variety of angles. It is also a touchscreen, which permits intuitive menu navigation and settings control.
- The sleek flat-body profile incorporates both front and rear dials for intuitive control over aperture and shutter speed settings. Stacked and dedicated top dials are also available for direct adjustment over exposure compensation and shooting mode selection.
- Built-in Bluetooth 4.2 (Low Energy) allows you to wirelessly control camera settings and release the shutter and maintains full-time connection between the camera and mobile device with low energy consumption. For wirelessly transferring files, Wi-Fi is available for faster transfer speeds.
Benefitting manual focus operation, focus peaking is available that highlights bright edges of contrast with a colored outline for quickly recognizing your focus point, as well as Touch MF Assist for touch-to-focus operation. MF Assist can also be used to increase magnification by up to 20x for more critical focusing on specific subjects.
Lumix G Vario 12-60mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens
Other Camera Features
- A mechanical focal plane shutter enables a top maximum shutter speed of 1/4000 sec, as well as a top flash sync speed of 1/200 sec. An electronic shutter function also avails a top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec to better enable working in bright conditions and with wider aperture settings.
- More than 100 consecutive full-resolution JPG files can be captured in a burst, or approximately 30 consecutive raw files in a single burst.
- Raw image files can be processed in-camera for a more streamlined post-production workflow.
- Depending on the lens in use, the included rechargeable battery provides approximately 260 shots per charge when using the rear monitor, or 250 with the electronic viewfinder.
- The L. Monochrome D mode in Photo Styles simulates a distinctly retro B&W film feeling to offer more options for producing captivating monochromatic imagery.
- Photo Style modes: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, L. Monochrome, L. Monochrome D, Scenery, Portrait, and Custom. Each of these effects can be combined with Grain Effect to increase texture within images.
- Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine.