The Zacuto Cage for Sony a7 III, a7R III, and a9 Cameras expands the Zacuto lineup of "no-cage" camera cages. It provides protection and support for accessories via 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holes and otherwise meets the criteria for what people generally refer to as a cage. Lightweight, but maintaining the robust build quality Zacuto is known for, the cage features anodized aluminum construction with a front plate, accessory mounting holes, and a removable handgrip on the camera's left side. The cage is form-fitting and holds your camera securely via its 1/4"-20 threaded mounting screw and the included screws that mount to your camera's neck strap eyelets.
The design of the cage allows access to all the camera's buttons, battery, and hot shoe unobstructed. In addition, the design permits you to grasp your camera with your right hand as if the cage were not there, while the included strap keeps your hand snug against the camera. The top plate incorporates numerous 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holes, and it incorporates a Z-Rail for an optional top handle or other accessories. The bottom of the cage is machined into a dovetail compatible with an optional VCT Pro or VCT Pro Dock, but it also features two 1/4"-20 and one 3/8"-16 threaded mounting holes for mounting a tripod plate. An optional top handle and Metabones support expand the functionality of the cage.
- Anodized aluminum construction
- Built-in Z-Rail for top handle (or other accessory) mounting
- Included HDMI clamp provides strain relief to your cable
- Access to the battery and SD card compartments, all the camera's knobs and functions, and the camera's hot shoe are maintained
- The wood handgrip incorporates a cold shoe and mounts to the cage via a Z-Rail
- Metabones adapter support that attaches directly to the cage and not to rods
- 15mm LWS rod support base
- Top handle with cold shoe is available
- Atomos Inferno Mount