The base platform for their "Ocular Projection and Focal Adapter" system, the Baader OPFA Eyepiece Projection Adapter from Alpine Astronomical has standard male T-2 threads on the end so it is compatible with their entire T-2 Astro modular accessory line of products—allowing you to easily adapt DSLR bodies or body/lens combinations for projection astrophotography and digiscoping. The adapter consists of the #24 focuser/eyepiece holder and two #25B 40mm extension tubes from their T-2 Astro modular accessory system.
Alpine Astronomical Baader Sliding T-2 Focuser
An optional part of the modular Astro T-2 system, the Alpine Astronomical Baader Sliding T-2 Focuser is ideal for use with 1.25" eyepieces and off-axis guiders and provides up to 10mm of additional focus travel with locking thumbscrews to set the perfect focus position. It is placed between eyepieces, diagonals, bino-viewers, or other accessories and the telescope focuser drawtube or visual back to provide additional focusing room for sharper images. As with all of the Astro T-2 family of accessories, the focuser has male T-2 threads on one side and female T-2 threads and an eyepiece insertion sleeve on the other for complete compatibility.
Alpine Astronomical Baader T-2 40mm Extension Tube
An optional part of their modular Astro T-2 system, the Alpine Astronomical Baader T-2 40mm Extension Tube can be used throughout the system to add the proper spacing between different components. The extension has internal T-2 threads on one end with external T-2 threads on the other for easy use. You can use the extension tubes anywhere you need to precisely space and couple any of the T-2 components, in configurations of your own design.
Example of Uses
- Stack this 40mm tube with another of the same size or the two other sizes—15mm and 7.5mm—for precise spacing
- Use with the Alpine telecompressor to vary the spacing of the lens relative to a camera or eyepiece for precise placement
- Provide a secure way of varying an eyepiece-to-camera separation (projection ratio)
- Use with the afocal and ocular projection (OPFA) system
- Use with the Multi-Purpose Coma Corrector to accurately locate and couple the coma corrector to eyepieces