The black DPA 4060 CORE Normal Sensitivity Omni Lavalier Microphone Stereo Instrument Kit with Accessories is a discreet, flexible microphone solution aimed at project studios and production companies seeking a flexible microphone system for in-studio and on-stage events.
The kit includes a pair of miniature, moisture-resistant mics for use with wired or wireless systems for broadcast, performance, and theatrical applications. The kit also features a comprehensive set of accessories, including several mounting options along with windscreens, XLR adapters, and protective cases. To provide accurate stereo recording, the two omnidirectional condenser microphones are hand-selected for matched sensitivity within ±1.5 dB.
Each electret-condenser capsule delivers accurate instrumental recordings and crisp, clear, and intelligible speech, while the rugged yet unobtrusive design is well suited to the demands of professional live stage work. This version of the 4060 uses DPA's CORE technology to deliver a 6 dB increase in dynamic range and a 6 dB reduction in noise over the 4060 Legacy model. The included High-Boost Grid offers a 10 dB boost around 12 kHz, especially helpful when the lav is used for chest placement.
With an SPL rating of 134 dB, each microphone is more than capable of handling many instruments and most standard speakers, vocalists, and presenters—making the kit a flexible tool for houses of worship and live event productions.
The 4060 CORE can be powered by 5 to 10V plug-in power from a wireless transmitter and features a modular design using a Microdot output connector. The mic is compatible with various wireless microphone transmitters via a separately available adapter for the compatible transmitter.
This stereo instrument kit includes two XLR adapters for use with a wide variety of professional equipment. The adapter allows the mic to be powered via 12 to 48V of external phantom power. Also included are two clips to mount the mic to stringed instruments, two boundary layer mounts, two surface mounts with pieces of adhesive tape, two magnet mounts, an inner plastic case, and a zippered traveling case.
- Various: Works with various transmitters via a compatible adapter (available separately).
- The modular design allows you to adapt the 4060's Microdot connector to a wide variety of transmitters simply by purchasing the compatible adapter—saving you the expense of buying another microphone.
- Two BLM6000 Boundary Layer Mounts: Used with the 4060, 4061, 4062, and 4063 miniature microphones to place on a reflective boundary such as a floor, wall, ceiling, piano lid etc. This enables the mics to capture the ambient sound of the area. The sound captured from this “pressure zone” has higher sensitivity, clarity, and intelligibility compared to the sound captured from the "free air", with this solution serving as a kind of acoustical zoom.
- Five DMM0007 Universal Surface Mounts: This mount allows the mic to be mounted in the best-sounding position for a wide variety of instruments, from acoustic guitar through grand piano and drums. The mount uses special non-marking adhesive discs for attachment.
- Two MHS6005 Lavalier Microphone Holders for String Instruments: Made from soft rubber, these are used to attach the mic to a violin, viola, cello, or double bass. The holder is mounted between the tailpiece and the bridge and can be turned upwards or downwards so that the mic will be placed either over or under the strings, depending on the desired sound color or sound level. The lav mic is secured by its cable in a little clip, while the holder itself has a firm grip on two strings of the instrument with small hooks.
- Five foam windscreens to reduce wind and breath noise for speech and vocal applications
- Two dual-mic magnet mounts that allow you to mount the mic on clothing
- The SCM0032-B 2-Way Dual Clip allows you to mount two lavs for broadcasting.
- The SCM0013-B 4-Way Clip offers a variety of flexible positioning choices for up, down, left, and right mounting.
- To hide the mic, the DMM0021 Concealer attaches safely and securely to clothing and costumes and is designed to resist clothing and rustling noise.