From just lighting your way through camp to maintaining strict light discipline in the field, the Streamlight Sidewinder Compact II Military LED Headlight is designed for the unique needs of tactical and military operators—offering a wide variety of output options that allows it to adapt to the needs of the user and mission.
A four-LED head features a single C4 white LED that outputs a maximum of 55 lumens with separate red, blue, and infrared (IR) secondary LEDs. Each color has specialized applications, from illuminating without affecting night-adjusted vision to easier map reading and stealth operation with night vision devices (NVDs). A rotary switch enables quick and easy LED selection with a pull-to-turn feature that prevents accidental mode changes. A separate push-button switch turns the light on at its lowest setting, then cycles through each of the four outputs per LED. A simple double click activates the signal strobe that is also available for all output LEDs.
This version of the Sidewinder Compact II comes with Streamlight's helmet E-Mount Kit that is compatible with ACH, ECH, MICH, and LWH ballistic helmets to quickly and easily clip onto the edge wherever you need it—on the brim, the side, or the rear. The mount allows the light to rotate a full 360° and tilt outward 185° for precise beam placement where you need it. A separate mount kit allows the light to fit MOLLE gear or be mounted onto the included elastic strap, so it can be worn on your head or around your neck.
Made of impact- and corrosion-resistant nylon, the housing is sealed to an IPX7 rating, making it waterproof and submersible so it can withstand extreme weather. It has also been impact rated for drops of up to 10 feet. Keeping with its versatility, the light can function on CR123A batteries with extended runtimes or on more readily available alkaline or lithium AA batteries. Using lithium batteries allows the light to function in extreme temperatures, from a bone-chilling -40°F to a sweltering 140°F. The Sidewinder light comes complete and ready to roll with a CR123 battery, the helmet E-mount, and a head/neck strap in a simple shipping box.
- Offers a wide variety of illumination options for tactical & stealth applications
- Conventional white LED outputs a maximum of 55 lumens with CR123A battery (47 lumen with AA alkaline) to be used for general tasks such as reading, gear checks, and packing/unpacking bags
- 630nm peak wavelength red LED illuminates without affecting night-adjusted vision, and it won't disturb others as harsh white light will
- 470nm peak wavelength blue LED is useful for nighttime map reading as red light will wash out colored topographic and road indicators; useful for police and crime scene investigators because it will make blood and bodily fluids visible, and blue light is the only light that can cut through fog
- Invisible 880nm peak wavelength infrared (IR) LED is compatible with night vision devices and will illuminate without giving away user's position as long as opponents do not use NVDs
- All colors can be set to 100, 45, 25, or 10% of peak output
- All LEDs, including IR, can be set for blinking strobe for signaling and/or marking position
- Dual switch system
- Rotary switch enables user to choose White, Red, Blue, or IR output
- Separate push-button controls on/off and cycles through brightness level
- Pull-to-turn rotary output selection ensures selected output won't be changed accidentally
- IR Safe mode prevents accidental activation and battery depletion while in IR mode
- Impact and corrosion-resistant nylon housing
- Impact-resistant polycarbonate lens with scratch-resistant coating
- Impact resistant to 9.8'
- IPX7-rated waterproof and submersible to 3.3' for up to 30 minutes
- Tactile polarity indicators for battery replacement in the dark
- Tethered battery compartment cap prevents loss when switching batteries
- Runs on one CR123A lithium battery, AA alkaline battery, or AA lithium battery
- Lithium batteries enable its use in extreme temperature environments from -40°F to 140°F
- Enables the light to be attached to the edge of ACH, ECH, MICH, and LWH ballistic helmets
- Place on side by ear, brim over eyes, or back depending on need
- 360° rotation with 185° tilt on helmet allows precise beam placement for illumination, marking location, or so followers have clear indication of user's position
- Adjustable length accommodates different head sizes
- Wear around neck for easier task lighting such as map reading or gear checks
- Light strap attachment is MOLLE compatible for easy installation on packs, harnesses, and gear