The Tascam DR-701D 6-Track Recorder and Stingray MixPro Audio Bag Kit from B&H includes the Tascam DR-701D 6-track recorder with SMPTE timecode, K-Tek Stingray MixPro audio bag, a USB cable, and six camera attachment bracket screw-hole covers. This kit can be used as a solution to capture and record up to 6-tracks of audio simultaneously for DSLR and video camera applications.
Tascam DR-701D 4-Channel / 6-Track Multitrack Field Recorder with Onboard Omni Microphones
For filmmaking, television, audio-for-VR, and web broadcast applications where you want to record direct sound, ambience, and your real-time mix, the Tascam DR-701D multitrack field recorder is an ideal companion for your DSLR. Capture up to four tracks of high-resolution audio from external sources and the onboard omnidirectional microphones plus a stereo mix, route audio to and from your camera, and conveniently monitor through headphones. With versatile mounting possibilities, timecode support, and tight camera sync via HDMI I/O, the DR-701D integrates seamlessly into your video production setup.
Versatile powering methods and remote-control options make the DR-701D ideal for location recording and extended video shoots. Its four balanced XLR-1/4" combo inputs handle mic- or line-level signals (even +4 dBu from high-end sound mixers) and can independently supply phantom power. A 3.5mm mic/line input with selectable plug-in power is provided for situations that require you to record a lavalier microphone or the output of a wireless receiver. Utilize settings such as stereo safety track recording, automatic level control, limiting, and low-cut filtering to achieve a clean, undistorted recording. Thanks to its available Ambisonics A-/B-format recording with real-time stereo monitoring, the DR-701D is ready to produce audio for your next AR or VR project.
Simultaneous 6-Track Recording
Onboard Omnidirectional Microphones
Four XLR-1/4" Mic/Line Inputs with Independent Phantom Power
3.5mm Mic/Line Input with Plug-In Power
3.5mm Camera, Line, and Headphone Outputs
Supports SDXC Cards up to 128GB
Ambisonics Support for VR Audio
HDMI I/O for Tight Camera Synchronization
Simply pressing the record button on your compatible camera sends a trigger to the DR-701D to start audio recording. Unlike other systems that force you to press record on both devices, the HDMI start system prevents missed takes, syncs the two recording starts together, and makes single-operator shoots much easier.
Timecode Generator and Input
Cameras that send timecode through their HDMI output can be followed by the DR-701D's timecode input. Alternatively, the internal generator can be started without an external reference for a simple time-of-day stamp on recorded BWF files.
Powered via AA Batteries, USB, or AC Adapter
Ideal for Tripod- or Camera-Mounted Use
Stereo Safety Track Recording
Tone Generator for Synchronizing Files
Supports External Remote Control
- Angled 128 x 64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight for easy viewing
- Simple, efficient file transfer via USB 2.0 connection to a computer
- Asahi Kasei A/D converters and low-noise Texas Instruments OPA1652 opamps
- High-precision TCXO (temperature-compensated crystal oscillator) and PLL (phase-locked loop) with a discrete filter reduce jitter and clock errors
- Adjustable delay function eliminates time lags caused by differences in the distances of two sets of inputs from the sound source
- Hold switch prevents accidental operation
- MS decoding function allows proper stereo monitoring of a mid-side mic configuration
- Cascade multiple DR-701D recorders via HDMI for unified record start/stop control from one master unit
- Automatically creates a new file when the maximum file size is reached
- Resume function retains the last stop point even when the DR-701D is powered off/on
- Up to 99 marks (locate points) per track
- Track incrementing function allows a recording to be split by creating a new file when desired
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely
K-Tek Stingray MixPro Audio Bag for MixPre-3, MixPre-6, DR-70D & DR-701D Recorders
The K-Tek Stingray MixPro Audio Bag is designed for Sound Devices MixPre-3 and MixPre-6 recorders with a couple of wireless systems, NP-1 batteries, and various accessories. Also compatible with the Tascam DR-70D and DR-701D, as well as the Zoom F4 and F8, it can help turn your small recorder into a portable workstation with a multitude of options for accessing connectors, controls, and SD card, in various recording environments when working in the field.
The Stingray MixPro features multilayer exterior walls and a rigid vertical frame that allows the bag to better stand on its own, while protecting equipment and providing full access to the sides and bottom of the recorder. The combined front and bottom flap opens wide to access the internal battery packs and media compartments on the bottom of the MixPre units, and can even reattach to the back of the MixPro. It also allows for front-mounting of the recorder to the bottom of a camera.
The removable front pouch storage compartment is large enough to hold NP-1 batteries with cup adapters, while curved zippers encircle each side panel for full access to cabling into the main compartment. MOLLE straps and D-rings offer plenty of rigging points for additional accessories and allow the Stingray MixPro to be connected by harnesses and waist belts (available separately). A built-in kickstand enables the bag to sit at an angle when placed on a tabletop or when resting on the ground.
The Stingray MixPro ships with a shoulder strap and a removable, clear vinyl cover that provides an unobstructed view of the recorder's screen, while shielding it from rain or splashing.
- Designed for Sound Devices MixPre-3 and MixPre-6 recorders
- Fits Zoom F4 and F8, as well as Tascam DR-70D and DR-701D recorders
- Rigid, internal vertical frame for strength and stability
- Strong protective exterior with multilayer walls
- Soft, orange, high-contrast interior
- Removable front pouch storage compartment large enough to hold NP-1 batteries with cup adapters
- Dual, curved zippers encircle each side panel for full access to inputs, outputs, and controls
- Oversized MOLLE-style straps on the front of the bag accommodate additional accessories
- Built-in kickstand enables convenient access to controls and comfortable viewing whether the user is sitting or standing
- Four D-rings for use with included shoulder strap or Stingray waist belt (available separately)
- Includes clear vinyl shield to cover the exposed top opening—can be folded back or easily removed
Front and Bottom Flaps
- Front flap gives access to battery / media compartment
- Bottom flap gives access to MixPre-3 and MixPre-6 top-mounting points
- Front flap folds down and reattaches to bag's bottom front
- Bottom flap folds completely back and up, to reattach to bag's back top
- Up to four wireless devices
- Up to two NP-1 batteries
- One BDS
- IFB TX
- Camera hop TX
- Small accessories (pens, screwdrivers, and more)