The beige DPA 4062 CORE is a miniature, moisture-resistant lavalier microphone designed for use with wireless systems for broadcast, performance, and theatrical applications. The electret-condenser capsule offers an extremely low sensitivity setting that allows it to handle very loud vocalists, performers, and instruments. The mic delivers crisp, clear, and intelligible audio, while the rugged yet unobtrusive design is well suited to the demands of professional live stage work and presentations.
This version of the 4062 uses DPA's CORE technology to deliver a 16 dB increase in dynamic range and a 16 dB reduction in noise over the 4062 Legacy model. The mic includes two interchangeable capsule-protection grids that alter the sonic character of the microphone. The High-Boost Grid creates a peak at 12 kHz, helpful for chest placement, while the Soft-Boost Grid offers a subtle boost between 8 to 20 kHz, lightly enhancing signal presence to ensure clarity.
With an SPL rating of 154 dB, the microphone is more than capable of handling very loud speakers, vocalists, and presenters. The 4062 can even be used to effectively mic talent during high-volume sporting events such as auto racing where loud engine noise would cause distortion in many other lavs. The mic can also be used very effectively to capture loud instruments including brass, drums, and percussion—making it a flexible tool for houses of worship and live event productions. The 4062 CORE is powered by 5 to 10V plug-in power from a wireless transmitter and features a modular design using a Microdot output connector. Separately available adapters allow you to use the mic with a wide variety of transmitters.
Modular System Featuring Microdot Connector
Compatible Wireless Transmitters
- Various: Works with various transmitters via a compatible adapter (available separately).
- The modular design allows you to adapt the 4062's Microdot connector to a wide variety of transmitters simply by purchasing the compatible adapter—saving you the expense of buying another microphone.
Optional XLR Adapter for Wired Applications
A Reliable, Broadcast-Quality Lavalier
Miniature Mic with a Crisp, Clear Sound
Extremely Low Sensitivity for Very Loud Vocals, Speech, and Instruments
Two Boost Grids Included to Tailor High Frequencies
Omnidirectional Polar Pattern
Tough, Moisture-Resistant Construction
- The SCM0032-B 2-Way Dual Clip allows you to mount two lavs for broadcasting.
- The SCM0013-B 4-Way Clip offers a variety of flexible positioning choices for up, down, left, and right mounting.
- To hide the mic, the DMM0021 Concealer attaches safely and securely to clothing and costumes and is designed to resist clothing and rustling noise.
- Foam windscreens to reduce breath and plosive noises are available in multiple colors choices to match clothing.