The white DPA 4063 CORE is a miniature, moisture-resistant lavalier microphone designed for use with wireless systems for broadcast, performance, and theatrical applications. The low-sensitivity electret-condenser capsule is designed to work with low-voltage wireless transmitters to handle loud vocalists, speakers, and performers and deliver crisp, clear, and intelligible audio. The rugged yet unobtrusive design is well suited to the demands of professional live stage work and presentations.
This version of the 4063 uses DPA's CORE technology to deliver a 12 dB increase in dynamic range and a 12 dB reduction in noise over the 4063 Legacy model. The mic includes two interchangeable capsule-protection grids that alter the sonic character of the microphone. The High-Boost Grid creates a peak at 12 kHz, helpful for chest placement, while the Soft-Boost Grid offers a subtle boost between 8 to 20 kHz, lightly enhancing signal presence to ensure clarity.
With an SPL rating of 138 dB, the microphone is more than capable of handling loud speakers, vocalists, and presenters. The mic can also be used very effectively to capture instruments—making it a flexible tool for houses of worship and live event productions. The 4063 CORE is powered by 3 to 10V plug-in power from a wireless transmitter and features a modular design using a Microdot output connector.
Modular System Featuring Microdot Connector
Designed for Use with Low-Voltage Wireless Transmitters
- Various: Works with various transmitters via a compatible adapter (available separately).
- Some transmitters provides only 3V instead of the more common 5V; the 4063 is the right choice for such low-voltage transmitters.
- The modular design allows you to adapt the 4063's Microdot connector to a wide variety of transmitters simply by purchasing the compatible adapter—saving you the expense of buying another microphone.
Optional XLR Adapter for Wired Applications
A Reliable, Broadcast-Quality Lavalier
Miniature Mic with a Crisp, Clear Sound
Two Boost Grids Included to Tailor High Frequencies
Lower Sensitivity for Loud Vocals, Speech, and Instruments
Omnidirectional Polar Pattern
Tough, Moisture-Resistant Construction
- The SCM0032-B 2-Way Dual Clip allows you to mount two lavs for broadcasting.
- The SCM0013-B 4-Way Clip offers a variety of flexible positioning choices for up, down, left, and right mounting.
- To hide the mic, the DMM0021 Concealer attaches safely and securely to clothing and costumes and is designed to resist clothing and rustling noise.
- Foam windscreens to reduce breath and plosive noises are available in multiple colors choices to match clothing.