Configured for the aspiring landscape photographer, the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera with 16-35mm f/2.8 Lens Landscape Kit from B&H bundles the versatile full-frame camera body with the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM lens. Additionally, the kit also includes a tripod, ball head, photo backpack, remote shutter release, shoe mount bubble level, 82mm circular polarizer filter, and an 82mm ND 0.9 filter.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera (Body Only)
Continuing on in their legacy of powerful workhorse cameras, Canon has released the 5D Mark IV DSLR which is an outstanding still photography option and an able 4K-capable video machine. This multimedia maven offers a newly developed 30.4MP full-frame CMOS sensor paired with the DIGIC 6+ image processor in order to balance fine detail and resolution with low-light performance and sensitivity. It is able to work within a native range of ISO 100-32000, which can then be expanded to an impressive ISO 50-102400, for sharp, low-noise images in a variety of conditions. Along with these improvements to image quality, users will enjoy a performance boost across the board with an enhanced AF system, built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and GPS, and much more.
In order to deliver detailed images quickly and effectively the 5D Mark IV leverages the power of the DIGIC 6+ image processor, which can handle up to 7 frames per second during continuous shooting. It also uses a 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor to evaluate the scene and subjects for accurate exposures under a variety of different lighting conditions. An improved 61-point High Density Reticular AF furthers the camera's speed by tracking and locking onto subjects quickly and accurately for tack sharp photos. A new AF area select button is now available as well for near immediate access to this setting.
Video benefits from the addition of Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Movie Servo AF to smoothly rack focus during a shot. Shooters can even make use of the 3.2" 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD to simply tap to adjust the focus point. Furthermore, now that the camera has DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) video recording at up to 30 fps, users can snag 8.8MP stills from the video for an even faster capture option. Tied into the Dual Pixel sensor architecture is a brand new feature for Canon: Dual Pixel RAW, which allows for fine tuning of certain image parameters, including bokeh shift and focus micro adjustment, after the image is taken.
The body has been further refined for comfort and ease of access, as well as durability and weather resistance. The Canon N3 remote port has been relocated to the front of the camera body and they have added both GPS and Wi-Fi with NFC to make this model a connected camera.
30.4MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6+ Image Processor
Versatility is key with the 5D, as it needs to be able to tackle landscapes and weddings with equal ease. By using a 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor shooters will be able to more comfortably rely on the camera to capture difficult scenes. This sensor also has face detection as well as flicker detection which can ensure proper exposure in less-than-ideal lighting situations. Along with this, the camera offers an improved continuous shooting rate of 7 fps, making it a great option for events and action.
High Density Reticular AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
In addition to advanced tracking and focusing while using the optical finder for stills, Live View and video can now use Dual Pixel CMOS AF on the actual imaging sensor. This offers about 80% coverage of phase-detection autofocus for faster and more accurate focusing in these modes. It is ideal for video as users will enjoy smoother rack focusing without the downsides normally encountered with contrast-based systems. Also, this works well with the touchscreen functions, allowing shooters to just tap to adjust focus.
DCI 4K Video Recording
Audio can be recorded using the on-board stereo microphone or an optional external mic can also be used via the 3.5mm mic jack. Real time audio monitoring is possible, too, via the 3.5mm headphone jack. The 4K video recording also avails the ability to take 8.8MP still frame grabs during playback on the rear touchscreen and save them as single images.
Dual Pixel RAW
- A large 3.2" 1.62m-dot Clear View II LCD monitor is available and features an anti-reflective design for bright, vivid image playback and live view shooting, and its touchscreen interface can be used for intuitive touch-to-focus control and adjusting settings in the menus.
- A dedicated AF mode selection button located beneath the rear joystick offers another avenue for accessing settings, allowing for fast, intuitive access to commonly changed options.
- Dual CompactFlash and SD memory card slots allow you to extend your file saving capabilities by permitting overflow recording or in-camera file type separation while shooting.
- An Intelligent Viewfinder II uses a pentaprism design and offers a bright means for viewing. When using the viewfinder, AF points are highlighted in red for greater visibility in low-light conditions, and the finder can also be configured to display a range of other shooting aids, such as an electronic level, grid, flicker detection, white balance, metering mode, AF information, and other settings.
- A Mirror Vibration Control System helps to minimize mechanical vibrations in order to better ensure sharpness during long exposures or fast continuous shooting bursts.
- A robust magnesium alloy body design is both dust- and weather-sealed to permit working in harsh environments.
Other Camera Features
- A built-in GPS module allows you to geotag imagery in-camera as well as auto time sync with the Universal Time Code via satellites. This module is compatible with American GPS, Russian GLONASS, and Japanese quasi-zenith Michibiki satellites for a wide coverage of support.
- Digital Lens Optimizer technology compensates for a range of optical defects from various lenses, including chromatic aberration, distortion, peripheral brightness, and diffraction, and the camera can store lens data in order to avoid having to re-register lenses prior to each use. The camera can handle this process in real time, delivering JPEGs with the corrections already applied.
- A built-in intervalometer permits the creation of time-lapse imagery and supports recording 1-99 consecutive frames in pre-selected intervals from 1 second to 99 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds. Users can also choose to set the camera to unlimited frames.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity enable wireless sharing, control, and image transfer with a compatible smart device as well as the CS100 Connect Station.
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Lens
Characterized by a revamped optical design, the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM from Canon is a workhorse wide-angle zoom and member of the well-regarded L-series of lenses. Featuring a series of specialized elements, this lens utilizes a trio of aspherical elements and two ultra-low dispersion glass elements to control a variety of aberrations for high sharpness and clarity. Both SWC and ASC coatings have also been applied to the elements in order to reduce lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy.
Complementing its optical prowess, a ring-type Ultrasonic Motor offers fast, smooth, and near-silent autofocus performance, which is further benefitted by full-time manual focus operation and an internal focusing design. The lens is both water and dust-resistant, and fluorine coatings have also been applied to the front and rear elements to protect against fingerprints and smudges from affecting image quality.
Manfrotto MT055CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod
The Manfrotto MT055CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod is a 4-section support that replaces the 055CXPRO4 tripod. It has a load capacity of 19.8 lb and extends from 3.5" to 66.9". Its carbon fiber legs are secured by the Quick Power Locks. These updated flip locks increase the tripod's rigidity by 50% compared to its predecessor.
A redesigned center column has a "one finger" operation, and includes an Easy Link 3/8"-16 attachment for attaching accessories such as an LED light or a reflector via a compatible arm. The center column can be positioned horizontally, allowing for low-angle and macro photography. The upper disc where a tripod head is mounted has been redesigned as well, and now has a bull's eye bubble level that rotates 360° so you can locate it where you can see it. This allows you to level your camera on both the horizontal and vertical planes.
Manfrotto XPRO Magnesium Ball Head with 200PL-14 Quick Release Plate
This XPRO Magnesium Ball Head from Manfrotto features an integrated RC2 quick release cam lock and a 200PL-14 Quick Release Plate. RC2 compatible quick release plates such as the 200PL-14 can be removed from the head by pulling the cam lock's spring-loaded lever, which also allows the plate to be instantly reattached. The cam lock also features a safety catch to prevent the 200PL-14, or another compatible quick release plate from accidentally disconnecting.
The XPRO Magnesium Ball Head with 200PL-14 Quick Release Plate has a load capacity of 22.1 lb and can be attached to tripods or other support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount. By loosening this XPRO Magnesium Ball Head's primary locking knob, its ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position. Toward the ball head's base is a secondary locking knob that controls the ability to rotate the head 360°. An additional knob opposite the secondary locking knob can be rotated to apply tension control to the ball-and-socket joint's movements.
Cameras or accessories that are compatible with a 1/4"-20 mount can be connected to the 200PL-14 quick release plate which measures 1.7 x 2.1 x 0.4" and has a rubberized, non-slip surface.
XPRO Magnesium Ball Head
- 22.1 lb load capacity
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount
- Uses ball-and-socket joint to help maximize pan-and-tilt flexibility
- Ball-and-socket joint provides 360° of swivel control, is tiltable down to a 90° angle, and can be locked into place
- Integrated RC2 quick release cam lock
- Primary locking knob allows ball-and-socket joint to be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position
- Secondary locking knob allows head to rotate 360°
- Dedicated tension control knob for the ball-and-socket joint's movements
- One bubble level for landscape orientations and one bubble level for portrait orientations
- Durable, magnesium-alloy construction
200PL-14 Quick Release Plate
- Compatible with Manfrotto RC2 quick release cam lock
- Measures 1.7 x 2.1 x 0.4" and has a rubberized, non-slip surface
- 1/4"-20 mount
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction
Ruggard Outrigger 45 Backpack (Black)
The black Outrigger 45 Backpack from Ruggard holds a standard DSLR system and an iPad. The front pocket measures 8.0 x 7.25" and contains five small, pen-sized slip-in slots as well as a mesh stash pocket. The second compartment is dedicated for your iPad. The third compartment measures 14.5 x 8.5" and contains three memory card pockets, two slash stretch pockets, and a key ring. The spacious main compartment for your camera gear includes seven removable dividers that can be configured to accommodate whatever gear you carry.
For carrying comfort, the back of the backpack is made from a breathable, small-mesh, padded material and features a padded shoulder harness. You can also carry the backpack using the nylon grip handle at the top. The backpack has a sternum strap and a hideaway waist strap. An attached rain cover for inclement weather can be hidden away at the base of the backpack.
- Small, exterior, front, zippered pouch has interior mesh slip pocket and an organizer that includes two slip pockets and three pen slots
- Large, exterior, front, zippered pouch has two slip pockets, three touch-fastened memory card pockets, and a key leash
- Two, exterior, expandable side pockets with a touch-fastened closure
- Two, interior, large, zippered mesh pockets on front flap
- Two, large, rigid, padded interior dividers and five small ones can create up to eight sections inside the main compartment
- Elastic touch-fastened band inside main compartment secures larger lenses
- Tough 600D polyester exterior and 200D polyester interior lining
- Front, zippered flap opens all the way down for full access to main compartment
Vello Wireless ShutterBoss III Remote Switch with Digital Timer for Select Canon Cameras
Set up elaborate time-lapses, perform long exposures, or simply trigger your camera remotely with the Wireless ShutterBoss III Remote Switch with Digital Timer from Vello, which is available here with cables for select Canon cameras. This remote features a 2.4 GHz frequency along with a 250' range for maximum versatility and reliability. The transmitter also has access to 99 channels and features specialized functionality such as continuous shooting, self-timer, long time exposures, and interval shooting.
Multiple time settings can be accessed from the transmitter's backlit LCD screen, such as the ability to set a number of shots from 1-999 or to infinitely take photos. The duration of an exposure can also be set all the way up to 99 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds in one-second increments.
The ShutterBoss III does work as a dual-function release, allowing users to press halfway to focus or press full to trigger the shutter. It can also be set to take multiple photos with a single press of the shutter and has LED indicators to confirm pre-focus and exposure. The ShutterBoss III can also function both wired or wirelessly to better fit your particular setup. Additionally, both the receiver and the transmitter run on two AAA batteries.
10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 5D, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, 5DS, 5DS R, 6D, 6D Mark II, 7D, 7D Mark II, 1D, 1D Mark II, 1D Mark II N, 1D Mark III, 1D Mark IV, 1Ds, 1Ds Mark II, 1Ds Mark III, 1D X, 1D X Mark III, and 1D C
PowerShot: G1 X Mark III, G1 X Mark II, G1 X, G16, G15, G12, G11, G10, G3 X, G5 X, SX70 HS, SX60 HS, SX50 HS
Contax: N and 645
FUJIFILM: X-T4, X-T3, X-T1, X-T30, X-E2, X-E1, X100T, X30
Hasselblad: H series
Olympus: OM-D E-M1X, OM-D E-M1 Mark II, OM-D E-M1 Mark III, E-M5 III, E-M5 II
Pentax: K10D, K20D, K100D, K110D, K200D, K-3, K-5, K-5 II, K-7, K30, K-50, K-500, *istDS, DS2, DS, DL2, DL, and D
Samsung: NX10 & NX100; GX-1S, GX-1L, GX-10 & GX-20
Sigma: SD1, SD9, SD10, SD14 & SD15
Gepe Pro 3-Way Accessory Shoe Mount Bubble Level
The Gepe Pro 3-Way Accessory Shoe Mount Bubble Level features acrylic construction and fits a standard photo accessory shoe. Three individual spirit/bubble levels are encased in clear acrylic, and the unit incorporates a molded accessory shoe mount. The design ensures that at least two of the three levels will read no matter how you orient your camera, so you don't have to remove the bubble level and flip it as you may with some other bubble levels. Each level is filled with bright yellow neon colored fluid, with black markings to help you level your equipment.
B+W 82mm XS-Pro Kaesemann High Transmission Circular Polarizer MRC-Nano Filter
The B+W 82mm XS-Pro Kaesemann High Transmission Circular Polarizer MRC-Nano Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
Kaesemann High Transmission Circular (HTC) polarizing filters are fitted with polarizing foils which provide 99.5% light transmission that are cemented between plano-parallel optical glass. The resulting sandwich is then precision-polished to achieve accurate plano-parallel surfaces. Finally, they are edge-sealed to protect the foil against humidity.
To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes multiple layers of anti-reflection coating. This Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) also offers further protection to the filter substrate and helps it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters. The Nano coating associated with XS-Pro filters provides an additional eighth layer over the MRC, resulting in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency.
B+W filters are constructed from Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. This filter features a thin brass rotating filter ring to minimize the potential for vignetting while enhancing durability and jamming prevention. To further reduce the possibility of vignetting when this filter is in use, the filter ring's outside diameter is slightly larger than the actual thread size. This may prevent the use of some lens manufacturer bayonet hoods.
B+W 82mm XS-Pro MRC-Nano 803 ND 0.9 Filter (3-Stop)
The B+W 82mm XS-Pro MRC-Nano 803 ND 0.9 Filter (3-Stop) is a neutral density filter with a 8x filter factor that provides a 3-stop exposure reduction. Its 0.9 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. By increasing your aperture or slowing your exposure time, you can control depth of field and convey movement more easily. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and are ideal for pairing with other filters.
To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes multiple layers of anti-reflection coating. This Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) also offers greater protection to the filter substrate and helps it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters. The Nano coating associated with XS-Pro filters provides an additional eighth layer over the MRC, resulting in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency.
B+W filters are constructed from SCHOTT glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. This filter features a thin brass filter ring to minimize the potential for vignetting while enhancing durability and preventing jamming. To further reduce the possibility of vignetting when this filter is in use, the filter ring's outside diameter is slightly larger than the actual thread size. This may prevent the use of some lens manufacturer bayonet hoods.