The 8-Port USB DisplayPort Secure KVM Switch from ATEN is designed to meet the stringent security requirements of defense and intelligence installations. It is compliant with the PSS PP v3.0 (Protection Profile for Peripheral Sharing Switch, Version 3.0) standard certified by the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP), ensuring high-level desktop security and data safekeeping. This eight-port model uses a DisplayPort video interface and supports video resolutions of up to 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) at 30 Hz.
The CS1188DP provides isolation between up to eight computer sources and their peripherals while sharing a single keyboard, mouse, monitor, speaker set, and Common Access Card (CAC) reader. Compliance with PSS PP v3.0 ensures high user data security when switching port focus, preventing unauthorized data flows or leakage between connected sources. Key protections include isolation and unidirectional data flow, restricted peripheral connectivity and filtering, user data protection, configurable device filtering and management, and always-on tamper-proof design, providing advanced security and a user-friendly design for instant deployment.
NIAP Common Criteria Compliant
- Restricted USB connectivity: Non-authorized HIDs (Human Interface Devices) and non-predefined CAC devices are rejected/ignored.
- Always-on chassis intrusion protection renders the CS1188DP inoperable when physical tampering is detected.
- Tamper-evident seal provides visual indication of any attempt to access the CS1188DP's internal components.
- Non-reprogrammable firmware prevents reprogramming of the CS1188DP.
Data Channel Isolation and Unidirectional Data Flow
- Data channel isolation prevents data leakage between connected computers via isolated channel per port.
- The data flow between the console devices and the selected computer is unidirectional.
- The CS1188DP controls and isolates data flow between the console devices and the connected computers.
- To ensure user data protection, the keyboard/mouse data buffer is automatically purged when switching KVM port focus.
- KVM log data provides administrative functions for an authorized administrator to audit KVM log data.
- The USB CAC Port can be configured to allow/reject whitelisted/blacklisted devices via the Admin logon function or Windows-based application.