The TVC-24 Versa Mk2 from Really Right Stuff is a lightweight, mid-range Series 2 carbon fiber tripod designed for use in both the field and studio.
Constructed from Really Right Stuff's patented carbon fiber weave, the TVC-24 weighs in at an impressive 3.3 lb and can safely support up to 40 lb. Its 4-section leg design allows the tripod to extend to a maximum height of 49.4" and lower down to a minimum working height of just 3.4".
Quick set-up and break-down is facilitated by easy-to-use twist locks that require just a quarter rotation to unlock and re-lock each leg section. This design also helps to maintain the tripod's slim folded silhouette. Additionally, when traveling with or storing the tripod, the entire support can fold down to just 19.1" in length, small enough to travel or hike with.
Each leg is attached to the tripod's collar via an offset leg joint that helps to evenly distribute heavy loads and maintain the tripod's rigidity. The joints and collar itself are constructed of lightweight anodized aluminum which, aside from lending inherent strength to the tripod, also provides it with natural wear and corrosion resistance. Each one of the three leg joints also feature a ratcheting angle stop that automatically locks into place as the legs are folded downward into "standard" position.
The TVC-24's feet are a unique teardrop shape, which prevents the leg sections from touching the ground at even the lowest height settings and the most unusual angles. Their rubber exterior provides a non-slip grip on nearly any surface and can be used both indoors and outdoors without concern. For users wishing to change the native rubber feet to metal "all-terrain" spikes, a set of metal spikes are available separately.
- Twist locks with integrated wipers to keep particles out of the locking mechanism, providing better resistance to the elements
- Improved knurling pattern designed to feel better on your skin
- Collets replace the old locking gibbs, reducing lock engagement to half the travel to lock and unlock faster with less effort
- O-rings help keep threads clean and smooth while providing better tactile feedback
- Vented clevis design allows legs to collapse faster without pressure buildup
- Threaded sockets on the sides of the apex provide better placement for accessories like QD attachments or a BC-18