This bundle provides two black Auratone 5C Monitors with a CPA50 Stereo Power Amp. The Auratone 5C Super Sound Cube is a passive studio monitor based upon the original design, featuring a remanufactured version of the original drivers, and this package comes with two of them.
These monitors, which became popular with mix engineers in the 1970s and 80s, were used as real-world reference speakers in the recording studio. Built with a durable cabinet and a 4.5" full-range driver, each 5C Super Sound Cube is a suitable reference monitor that will help you make choices for mix translation to typical consumer speakers.
These passive speakers are available here with the CPA-50 Stereo Power Amplifier, which utilizes Class D amplification to deliver 50W RMS of power to each monitor. The amplifier sports Neutrik XLR inputs as well as binding posts for outputs that are designed to be wired directly to the monitors. The amplifier has a rugged steel chassis and is efficient, with a low-heat design and low power consumption.
- 4.5" full-range driver
- 25W RMS / 50W peak
- 8 Ohms
- 50+50W RMS into 4 Ohms
- 25+25W RMS into 8 Ohms
- 1 x 100W into 8-Ohm bridged mode
- Use as a stereo amplifier or as a monoblock in bridged/bi-amp modes (via internal jumpers)
- Balanced Neutrik XLR inputs
- Efficient, low-heat design with low power consumption
- Consumes 6W of power when idling
- Consumes <0.5W in standby mode
- Thermal, voltage overload and current overload protection
- Standby, fault, and bridge indicators
- Rugged steel chassis
- Stackable design