Available for download, IK Multimedia AmpliTube 4 Deluxe Crossgrade is available to users who have registered a qualifying IK product. The software provides faithful emulations and models of amplifiers, cabinets, stompboxes, mics, rooms, and effects-rack. It's designed for electric guitars and electric basses, and gives you over 116 of the above-listed modules.
In standalone mode, this software can function as an 8-channel DAW with full recording, looping, editing, mixing, and exporting capabilities. Instant preset-switching, compatible with any appropriate MIDI controller, makes the standalone application of this software especially useful for live scenarios, as you can switch from a convincing, chunky British sound to an American twang in however long it takes you to tap your toes. Used in any DAW such as Pro Tools or Logic, AmpliTube MAX allows you to process DI'd guitar and bass through simulations of various guitar-related gear pieces, and thus approximate a more realistic tone.
Essentially, this software provides you with an emulated pedalboard, a simulated effects loop, a modeled amplifier, a cabinet stage, and an effects rack, all of which are yours to tweak however you see fit. Not only that—you get two sets of the aforementioned items, and you're able to route your signal through each model in any manner you choose; mono chains, stereo setups, and dual stages of amplification are possible, as are creative combinations in practically any assortment you could cobble together. Two precise, digital tuners are provided to help you intonate your guitar to the cent.
It is also worth noting that the tools in AmpliTube 4 Deluxe work well in conjunction with analog synths, electric pianos, drums, and even soft-synths. This software is compatible with Mac and Windows platforms, and will work in VST2, VST3, AU, and AAX formats running at 64-bit.
- 5-section Cab Room with cabinet selection, speaker selection, mic placement, room selection, and cabinet audio mixer
- Dynamic Saturation Modeling and Volumetric Response Modeling technologies for authentic emulation of real-world gear
- Dynamic Response Modeling mimics real amp response and feel, emulating dynamic relationship and interaction between power amp and speakers, plus physical and harmonic interaction between individual speakers, cabinet, room construction, and mics
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems, making it suitable as a plug-in for studio recording and mixing in any Mac/Win DAW
- Suitable live performance thanks to the standalone version with preset switching via MIDI control
- 96 kHz sample rate supported
- DAW automation and BPM synchronization
- 6 separate modules: Tuner, Pedalboards, Amplifier, Effects Loop, Speaker Cabinet, and Post Rack Effects
- Rig of up to 12 stomps, two amp heads, four dual effects-loop slots, two cabs (with two mics apiece), two double room-mics, and eight rack effects can be configured in up to eight serial/parallel configurations
- Two movable microphones allow you to mic the cabinet similar to real-world environments
- Replace individual speakers in cabinets (12” speaker models)
- 29 individual speaker models available
- Stereo signal path makes it suitable for any type of instrument including drums, keyboards, vocals, and more
- Large database of presets with multiple guitar-/bass-oriented tags, keywords
- Search function, rig visualization, and more
- Free online sharing service for user presets called Preset XChange
- Integrates with IK’s range of audio interfaces and controllers such as iRig HD, iRig Pro, iRig 2, StealthPlug and SteathPedal allows for instant recording and performing in the studio or on stage with full programming at the software level
- 8-track built-in multitrack recorder and DAW enables you to quickly capture ideas or even record a full 8-track composition in the standalone application without the need to open a DAW
- 4-track looper for capturing and layering ideas quickly and easily
- Export loops to hard drive and import into the standalone DAW section, import audio to track one of standalone looper for playing over backing track loop
- Imports WAV, AIFF, SD2, APPLE CAF, FLAC, and MP3 files (standalone version)
- SpeedTrainer for speeding up/slowing down imported tracks without affecting the pitch – a suitable for practicing your instrument and transcribing/learning your favorite riffs/solos (standalone version)
- Expandable via the built-in AmpliTube Custom Shop