Packed with significant upgrades from version 2, Leapwing DynOne 3 is a parallel multiband dynamics processor plug-in with up to five frequency-adjustable bands and individual plug-in outputs per band, making it extremely versatile while remaining intuitive for producers, musicians, and mixing and mastering engineers.
It boasts five bands of adjustable parallel compression with custom linear-phase crossover filters that offer customizable frequency and slope settings. The high-resolution Retina interface features one main window, which is fully resizable. DynOne 3 now supports sample rates up to 384 kHz and offers three selectable quality modes.
The global parameters include selectable parallel compression, variable multimono-to-stereo channel linking, variable RMS to peak detection, and single-band to all-band weighting. Per-band parameters include threshold, ratio, attack, and release. The operational attack and release times adapt to suit transient-rich or sustained signals while staying within the user-defined minimum and maximum values.
Meters and level controls are present for the input, output, and all five bands. The DynOne 3 plug-in is compatible with macOS and Windows systems and supports AAX Native, Audio Units, VST2, and VST3 formats.
What's New in DynOne 3
- Variable crossover frequencies and selectable gentle or steep slope
- Proprietary Center-Side mode—based on Leapwing's CenterOne algorithm—allows you to process the sound information in the center of the stereo image separately from the sides
- Up to five processing bands; use one band for traditional compression, three bands for overall tone shaping, or five bands for typical DynOne usage
- New Retina GUI with an improved layout and a fully resizable high-resolution user interface
- Select between three quality modes (Low Latency, Ultra Quality, and Master Quality) for the crossover filters
- Master Quality mode can be used just during offline processing or bouncing if the CPU load is too high
- Whereas DynOne 2 was limited to a sample rate of 192 kHz, DynOne 3 can process up to 384 kHz (DXD) if your DAW and audio interface support it
- Individual plug-in outputs per band let you process any filtered band separately for extra flexibility
- Crossover filters are custom-designed to interact with each other and avoid phase alignment issues
- Attack and release times adapt to the source material and adhere to the per-band, user-defined minimum and maximum values
- Per-band controls for threshold and ratio
- Variable multimono-to-stereo channel linking
- Variable RMS to peak detection
- Variable single-band to all-band weighting
- Selectable parallel compression mode
- Level controls and meters for input, output, and all five bands