A larger version of the AA-powered, lipstick-shaped LA10 torch that won multiple design awards, the Nitecore LR12 2-in-1 Lantern Flashlight runs on an 18650 li-ion battery for a powerful peak output of 1000 lumens and a 900-hour maximum runtime. Twist the ring near the base of the light to extend the polycarbonate diffuser to produce a soft area light for your tent or picnic table. Twist to retract the diffuser and the LR12 becomes a flashlight, its beam enhanced by Crystal Coating and Precision Digital Optics technologies. The Cree XP-L HD V6 LED shines at four brightness levels, and has a 1000-lumen locator beacon for emergency signaling.
Built for convenience and portability, the LR12 is 4.2" long, just over an inch in diameter, and weighs just 2.8 ounces. Its tailcap is magnetized for hands-free use in spots like under the hood of a car, and the flat cap design enables it to stand on flat surfaces like a candle. There's a metal loop for connecting the included wrist strap. The housing is made of a lightweight and durable aluminum alloy, with a scratch and corrosion-resistant anodized finish. The light is rated IPX8 for water resistance, is submersible to 6.6', and impact resistant to 3.3'.
- Low: 1 lumen
- Med: 60 lumens
- High: 230 lumens
- Turbo: 1000 lumens
- One Cree XP-L HD V6 LED
- Runtime: 1-900 hours
- Integrated retractable diffuser extends to provide 360° of smooth and soft illumination for lighting tables, tents, or small rooms
- Location beacon: Flashes light once at a regular interval to mark the location while optimizing battery life
- Location: Tailcap
- Rotate tailcap to turn on/off
- Rapidly turning on/off changes output intensity and mode
- Diffuser extends and retracts by turning collar near tailcap
- Built-in magnet on base to adhere to metal surfaces such as car hoods
- Crystal Coating & PDOT technologies for a bright beam with long throw
- Lightweight and durable aluminum-alloy housing
- Scratch and corrosion-resistant anodized finish
- IPX8-rated, submersible to 6.6'
- Impact-resistant to 3.3'
- Runs on one user-supplied 18650 lithium-ion battery
- Reverse polarity protection prevents damage to light if the battery is installed incorrectly
- Advanced Temperature Regulation (ATR) technology
- Digitally regulated non-PWM circuitry for consistent, no-flicker performance