This B&H Kit includes the Blue Spark SL Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone, the PreSonus AudioBox 96 USB 2.0 Audio Recording Interface, a reflection filter, a microphone stand, and a 10' XLR cable. With this kit, you have everything you need to create a professional-quality recording solution almost anywhere, or you can construct a compact studio space in your home.
The combination of this kit's components has been designed to give you the ability to capture clear audio in spaces that can be acoustically-challenged. The Blue Spark SL features a JFET design that keeps the capsule's backplate evenly charged for delivering consistently transparent sound, while the shockmount, reflection filter, and mic stand help to keep things stable and isolate vocal performances from ambient noises. Using the two-channel USB Audio-Box 96, you can make sure you capture it all.
Blue Spark SL Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone
Featuring a class-A circuitry to ensure a pure signal, the Blue Spark SL is a studio large-diaphragm condenser microphone which builds upon its predecessor to offer a switchable 100 Hz high-pass filter and a -20 dB pad, allowing you to offset pesky factors like the bass-heavy sonic signature of a given room, or an intrinsically loud instrument. It utilizes a JFET design, which has been fashioned to keep the capsule's backplate evenly charged, thus delivering a consistently transparent and even signal across the frequency response.
The Spark SL offers a cardioid polar pattern to minimize off-axis feedback and extraneous noise, giving you a frequency range between 20 Hz to 20 kHz, which is more than enough to record vocals, pianos, stringed instruments, and more. An SPL of 136 dB allows the microphone to capture a wide swath of dynamic material without damaging elements of the microphone. The microphone requires 48V phantom power to run, provides a dynamic range of 119.6 dB, and includes both a custom shockmount and a wooden storage box.
Key Features at a Glance
- Capsule designed for transparent, neutral sound capture
- Wide, richly detailed frequency response and SPL of 136 dB
- High-pass filter and -20 dB pad to promote versatility
- Suitable for use with home-studio interfaces (USB, Thunderbolt, or otherwise)
PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 2x2 USB Audio Interface (25th Anniversary Black)
The 25th anniversary black PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 is a 2x2 USB audio interface offering Class-A mic preamps with 48V phantom power, MIDI I/O, and simple operability in a portable and sturdy steel chassis that is conveniently bus powered, making it a great solution for singers, musicians, podcasters, and producers recording at home or on the go.
The AudioBox USB 96 utilizes 24-bit converters at sampling rates up to 96 kHz to ensure the integrity of your signals. The two XLR-1/4" combo inputs let you record microphones (dynamic or condenser) or instruments such as electric guitar while monitoring with zero latency. Stereo 1/4" monitor and headphone outputs are provided with independent volume controls for optimal hookup of speakers and headphones.
The interface is bundled with the Studio One Artist DAW software for Mac and Windows, and includes the Studio Magic plug-in suite, delivering effects, virtual instruments, and third-party loops, software, and instrument sounds.
AudioBox USB 96
- Bus-powered USB audio and MIDI interface
- Perfect match with Studio One Artist software for Mac and Windows
- 24-bit resolution
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rates
- Two XLR-1/4" combo mic/instrument inputs with Class-A mic preamplifiers
- 48V phantom power
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal analog mixer
- Two 1/4" balanced monitor outputs
- 1/4" headphone jack with level control
- MIDI 5-pin input and output ports
- Sturdy steel chassis
- 1/3 RU rackmountable
- USB computer-to-interface connection cable included
Studio One Artist Software
- Single-window work environment
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Intuitive MIDI-mapping system
- Real-time audio time-stretching and resampling
- Multitrack comping and MIDI editing
- Transient detection and editing, plus groove extraction
- Automatic delay compensation
- Advanced automation
- Integrates tightly with Celemony Melodyne
- Instantly configures to PreSonus interfaces
- Compatible with ASIO, Windows Audio, and Core Audio compliant interfaces
- 26 native effects (32-bit effects) and virtual instrument plug-ins
- Over 10GB of third-party software, loops, and instruments
- Mac and Windows compatible
Studio Magic Plug-In Suite
- Arturia Analog Lab Lite
- Brainworx bx_opto
- Brainworx bx_rockrack
- Cherry Audio Voltage Nucleus
- iZotope Neutron Elements
- Klanghelm SDRR2tube
- KV331 Audio Synthmaster Player
- Lexicon MPX-i Reverb
- Mäag Audio EQ2
- Native Instruments REPLIKA
- Output Movement
- SPL Attacker Plus
- Studio Linked Trophies
- UJAM Virtual Drummer 2 PHAT
- UVI Model D
Auray RF-CM-S Reflection Filter (Silver)
The silver RF-CM-S Reflection Filter from Auray is the perfect solution for recording vocalists or voice over artists in less than stellar acoustic spaces where room reflection would otherwise be recorded along with the vocal, making post processing and mixing more complicated. This might be in a home studio, an untreated rehearsal space, or a makeshift film dialogue replacement situation.
Housed in a deep and sturdy, semicircular perforated aluminum shell, the high density acoustic foam provides a reflection free environment for the microphone, while simultaneously attenuating any room noise. The resulting dry and clearer recordings can then be treated during mixing or film post processing without extraneous noises or unwanted reflections getting in the way.
The filter mounts onto a microphone stand, and front and rear sliding brackets easily allow you to adjust its height and depth for precise microphone placement. Standard 5/8"-27 threaded adapters fit most microphone stands, clips and shockmounts.
Auray RFMS-580 Reflection Filter Tripod Mic Stand
The RFMS-580 Reflection Filter Tripod Mic Stand from Auray features heavy-duty steel construction and is capable of providing sturdy support to your reflection filter and studio microphone at the same time. The tripod stand design features collapsible legs for convenient storage, a telescoping center column that can be adjusted to reach a maximum working height of 76".
The stand also features nonslip feet for added traction on hard surfaces as well as a 5/8" threaded adapter for attaching a shockmount or mic clip.
Roland Gold Series Neutrik XLR-M to XLR-F Balanced Microphone Cable (10')
This 10' Roland Gold Series Neutrik XLR-M to XLR-F Balanced Microphone Cable is engineered to accurately transmit audio signals without contamination or noise interference. It features Neutrik connectors with 24k gold-plated contacts ensuring clean, precise audio reproduction. Studio-quality oxygen-free copper core wire translates every tonal nuance with exceptional clarity, and the low-capacitance design ensures that voices and instruments are clear and accurate.