Designed for hunting, searching, and law enforcement but well suited to recreational and home use, the MT42 Multi-Task Series 1800-Lumen LED Flashlight by Nitecore offers five brightness levels along with SOS, location beacon, and strobe settings. This 9" light can be handheld or used with separately sold weapon mounts. Power is controlled on a momentary- and constant-on basis by a push-button switch on the tailcap; a second switch at the head is for cycling through settings. You can, however, select for instant access to the strobe from the tailcap switch for self-defense purposes. A tactical ring facilitates various holds.
Built for durability, this light features an aluminum housing with a Type III hard anodized finish that resists scratching and corrosion and comes with a titanium-coated stainless steel anti-roll clip that can be mounted in either direction. It has an IPX8 rating for submersion to 6.6' and is impact resistant to 5 feet. Its power source is two 18650 lithium-ion batteries, with runtime ranging from 1 hour on turbo to 530 hours on ultra-low power. Advanced Temperature Regulation circuitry regulates output based on ambient temperature for optimal performance.
- Ultra-low: 1 lumen
- Low: 68 lumens
- Mid: 280 lumens
- High: 800 lumens
- Turbo: 1800 lumens
- One Cree XHP35 HD LED
- Strobe, SOS and location beacon
- Runtime range: 1 hour on turbo, 530 hours on ultra-low
- Precision Digital Optics Technology reflector
- Location: Tailcap for on/off and instant access to strobe, head for brightness levels and special modes
- Type: Push button
- Constant-on or momentary illumination
- Battery power status indicator light
- Lightweight and durable aluminum alloy housing
- Corrosion- and scratch-resistant Type III anodized finish
- Anti-reflection coated mineral glass for maximum light transmittance
- IPX8 rated, waterproof and submersible to 6.6'
- Shock resistant to 3.3'
- Detachable stainless-steel clip
- Metal tactical ring
- Knurled handle for secure grip
- U-shaped tailcap facilitates operation with gloves and prevents accidental activation
- Advanced Temperature Regulation circuitry
- Regulated, non-pulse-width modulation (PWM) constant circuit provides consistent, flicker-free performance
- Runs on two 18650 Li-ion batteries