Walking the fine line between compact and full-sized, the Levenhuk 8x32 Sherman BASE Binoculars is an ideal general-purpose optic for mid-range use, with competent light-gathering capabilities without the bulk and weight of larger models.
The moderate magnification coupled with the mid-sized objectives ensure a comfortable exit pupil and eye relief for easier viewing, while producing an impressive 60° apparent angle of view to immerse you in the scene through the eyepieces. Complementing these performance features are anti-reflection fully coated optics and a traditional Porro prism optical path that all work together to produce bright and clear high-contrast views with accurate color rendition and a rich depth of field.
For long-duration glassing sessions, to reduce arm fatigue, or to eliminate vibrations, the Sherman BASE can be tripod mounted using an optional adapter. Its optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to a waterproof IPX6 rating and resistant to internal fogging. The chassis is made of a lightweight and durable aluminum alloy and wrapped in a protective slip-resistant rubber armor. Fold-down rubber eyecups mold themselves to the user's eye sockets to block stray peripheral light for brighter views without intrusive side glare, and the binocular's center-focusing wheel is also slip resistant to make precision focusing fast and easy.
From the backyard to the backcountry to the stadium to sightseeing around the world, the Levenhuk 8x32 Sherman BASE binocular gives you the ability to see wide areas in all weather conditions.
- Moderate 8x power magnifies the view while ensuring a wide field of view and exit pupil
- 32mm objective lens diameter draws in more light than compact models but without the excessive bulk and weight of larger ones for easier handling
- Traditional Porro prism optical path presents a rich depth of field to produce lifelike views
- BAK4 prism glass delivers a round exit pupil and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Anti-reflection fully coated optics improve light transmission, color rendition, clarity, and contrast
- 2-element/1-group eyepiece lens design, 4-element/3-group objective design
- Wide 65° apparent angle of view presents an immersive observational experience
- 428-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Slip-resistant center-focusing wheel is easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves
- Wide ±4 right-eye dioptric correction range enables precise focusing even for those who normally require corrective eyewear
- Wide 50-80mm interpupillary distance adjustment range enables easy use by a wide variety of people
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter to limit arm fatigue and vibrations
- 15mm eye relief increases viewing comfort and reduces eyestrain, especially during long glassing sessions
- 4mm exit pupil will cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light and ensures the entire scene remains in view without vignetting
- Lightweight and durable aluminum-alloy chassis
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof to an IPX6 rating and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature and environmental conditions
- Protective armor with textured palm pads provides a slip-resistant grip
- Tethered objective lens caps offer additional lens protection without the risk of losing them during use
- Broad 14 to 122°F (-10 to 50°C) operating temperature range